Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Urgent advice needed re DOG

Urgent advice needed re DOG

Old Jul 6th 2006, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Urgent advice needed re DOG

Took boys shopping this morning, pet shop full of lab/collie cross pups.

One has obvious rectal prolapse, and was highly distressed trying to poo, heartbeat raised, very upset. Told pet shop owner, said would take pup to vet. We stuck around for 3 hours and pup was still in window.

WHO do we report this to??? Council, does not regulate pet shops rang refuge for info but closed for day now. Cant get it out of mind, pup left like this will probably die a bloody painful death, this pet shop thing is so wrong, but who do I report this to?

Anyone?????
Old Jul 6th 2006, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent advice needed re DOG

Originally Posted by jad n rich

One has obvious rectal prolapse, and was highly distressed trying to poo, heartbeat raised, very upset. Told pet shop owner, said would take pup to vet. We stuck around for 3 hours and pup was still in window.

WHO do we report this to??? Council, does not regulate pet shops rang refuge for info but closed for day now. Cant get it out of mind, pup left like this will probably die a bloody painful death, this pet shop thing is so wrong, but who do I report this to?

Anyone?????
RSPCA Qld:
301 Fairfield Road
Fairfield Qld 4103
07 3426 9999
[email protected]
http://www.rspcaqld.org.au
http://www.rspcaqld.org.au/cruelty/

Mrs JTL
Old Jul 6th 2006, 3:48 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Try the RSPCA

Last edited by sel; Jul 6th 2006 at 3:59 am.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

annn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Re: Urgent advice needed re DOG

Anyone?????
I assume you are in Australia, the link gives a list of RSPCA numbers for each state to report cruelty, injured animals etc..
http://www.rspca.org.au/localsites.asp
I hope you have managed to sort something out

Ann
Old Jul 6th 2006, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the brisbane no, had been searching for a maroochydore/noosa number or something, couldnt find it, as its listed as Cooloola branch, would never have searched on that.

They do have an inspector, who will go and have a look if anythings been done yet, thats vital in the case of prolapse, treatment ASAP can make all the difference. Just hope the RSPCA dont have to put the poor thing down, he was in a pretty bad way and that was hours ago now. Awful day cant get things like that out of my mind easily. Guilt if you do nothing guilt if you do.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 4:48 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone?????
I'd go in and take it to the vet myself. Let them try to stop you. What a bloody disgrace but it doesn't surprise me. That sort of pet shop thing is rife here. Poor pup.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 4:51 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the brisbane no, had been searching for a maroochydore/noosa number or something, couldnt find it, as its listed as Cooloola branch, would never have searched on that.

They do have an inspector, who will go and have a look if anythings been done yet, thats vital in the case of prolapse, treatment ASAP can make all the difference. Just hope the RSPCA dont have to put the poor thing down, he was in a pretty bad way and that was hours ago now. Awful day cant get things like that out of my mind easily. Guilt if you do nothing guilt if you do.
Well done you for doing the right thing !!!

I am sure the RSPCA will do what they can so don't feel guilty even if they have to put him down, at least the poor little thing won't be in a window suffering.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 6:05 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Just hope the RSPCA dont have to put the poor thing down, he was in a pretty bad way and that was hours ago now. Awful day cant get things like that out of my mind easily. Guilt if you do nothing guilt if you do.
If they get to him in time, they won't euthanise him. They only euthanise animals that are too sick to be helped or are too aggressive to be adopted.

And kittens in December because they get thousands of them, too many to cope with. Spay your bloody cats people.

Jane
p.s. They should keep you informed as you reported it. Did you leave your number?
Old Jul 6th 2006, 9:24 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Anyone?????

How about naming and shaming the shop in a letter to the local paper!