Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Updated: Best Contents/Motor/Private Medical/Life Insurance Providers

Updated: Best Contents/Motor/Private Medical/Life Insurance Providers

Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of
Default Updated: Best Contents/Motor/Private Medical/Life Insurance Providers

Hi All,

Just wondering if you could cut and paste the list below with your preferred supplier with a short reason why you prefer them (price/service/both) for the following:

Contents Insurance
Life Insurance
Car Insurance
Private Medical Insurance

Obviously I am looking into all of the above and would like some impartial feedback.

TIA
dejags
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:28 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updated: Best Contents/Motor/Private Medical/Life Insurance Providers

Hi

I am renting so my contents are with AAMI - who do a great renter's insurance for only $145 a year! Fire and theft only-ish.

My life insurance is associated with my Superannuation - about $14 per week for $1million

Car insurance - RACQ - as you get a reduction for having breakdown cover $40 per month

Private medical - I'm on top cover hospital and extras with CDHBF which has NO excess and no co-payments with great rebates for dental/optical/physio etc for $98 per month (single)

Hope that helps.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of
Default Re: Updated: Best Contents/Motor/Private Medical/Life Insurance Providers

Originally Posted by tking
Hi

I am renting so my contents are with AAMI - who do a great renter's insurance for only $145 a year! Fire and theft only-ish.

My life insurance is associated with my Superannuation - about $14 per week for $1million

Car insurance - RACQ - as you get a reduction for having breakdown cover $40 per month

Private medical - I'm on top cover hospital and extras with CDHBF which has NO excess and no co-payments with great rebates for dental/optical/physio etc for $98 per month (single)

Hope that helps.
Thanks for that. Can you explain the renters contents insurance. I got a quote from AAMI for contents insurance only but it was about 5 times your premium. It's for 100k contents and 25k specified all risks.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:21 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure exactly the website link is http://www.aami.com.au/home-insuranc...insurance.aspx

It's different to 'normal' contents insurance as it doesn't cover flood or accidental damage etc.

Maybe if you own your home and don't combine 'house and contents' it costs more? I'm afraid I don't know enough about it being a lowly renter!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tking
Im not sure exactly the website link is http://www.aami.com.au/home-insuranc...insurance.aspx

It's different to 'normal' contents insurance as it doesn't cover flood or accidental damage etc.

Maybe if you own your home and don't combine 'house and contents' it costs more? I'm afraid I don't know enough about it being a lowly renter!
Thank you so much!!! You have probably just saved me a heap!!!

PS: Also a lowly renter (or at least for the time being)