Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Update on Yorkshire Bank and National Australia Bank

Update on Yorkshire Bank and National Australia Bank

Old Nov 16th 2005, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update on Yorkshire Bank and National Australia Bank

Hi this thread is for those who wanted to know what info this lady sent to me.

Ok she says you can open an account called a Flexicash account in Australia 4 weeks before you leave this country.

It costs £24.00 to do what they call a Swift Transfer on any amount of money that is £2000 to £80,000 to what ever. You don't pay any more for the service when it gets there. The account is opened at a local branch of NAB.

You get a cash card and a cheque book and you can still use your Maestro card from Australia to get cash out which maybe in the bank in the UK.

There are two simple forms to fill in then the account will be opened.

I have foufoundat my other half can work right up to us going away giving his works a chance to find someone else and when they pay him into his account (we will be in Aus then) he can draw out what he has eared. We can stay with the bank we have been with for ages.

sorry to the people who already know this.

cheers Lace x
Old Nov 16th 2005, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice
Default Re: Update on Yorkshire Bank and National Australia Bank

Don't get it? What's the relationship between Yorkshire bank & NAB?
I'm already with Yorkshire bank & just got appontment with Nationwide for tommorow - we have ISA with Nationwide & I was going to check out this credit card that people have mentioned.
But if Yorkshire bank can do similar, I could speak to them as well.
Can you enlighten me lacey?
Cheers.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 3:32 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hi this thread is for those who wanted to know what info this lady sent to me.

Ok she says you can open an account called a Flexicash account in Australia 4 weeks before you leave this country.

It costs £24.00 to do what they call a Swift Transfer on any amount of money that is £2000 to £80,000 to what ever. You don't pay any more for the service when it gets there. The account is opened at a local branch of NAB.

You get a cash card and a cheque book and you can still use your Maestro card from Australia to get cash out which maybe in the bank in the UK.

There are two simple forms to fill in then the account will be opened.

I have foufoundat my other half can work right up to us going away giving his works a chance to find someone else and when they pay him into his account (we will be in Aus then) he can draw out what he has eared. We can stay with the bank we have been with for ages.

sorry to the people who already know this.

cheers Lace x
Thanks for the info Lace
Old Nov 16th 2005, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Yorkshire Bank and National Australia Bank are the same bank. When you ring up they say you calls will be monitored and all the information will be shared with some Danish Bank and the bank of Australia blah blah

didn't mean much to me until I asked. You have to ask for the information though. They will transfer everything for you for £24.00.

I just asked them they sent me the paper work and you can use the bank whilst over there from your UK account too.

thats it!

Have an ask and a look. Petal, I hope you sort it out

hugs Lace x
Old Nov 16th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Ah,makes more sense now
Is it £24 each time you transfer money or just to set the account up? Do you keep UK account open,& then just tell them how much to transfer in Oz account?
Sorry for being so dumb,but I get confused easily!
Old Nov 16th 2005, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you are in the UK it is £24.00 for the TTransfer but if you are in Aus trying to transfer funds from your British Yorkshire bank account, then it will be what ever it is in Australia.

So if you do it from here when you sell your house so to speak then you can transfer large sums of money to a bank account in Australia for only £24.00.

The transfer rates are worked out for you by Yorkshire bank and apapparently they are the higher exchange rates.

You can still keep your UK bank account over here and draw money from it with your switch / Maestro card

hugs Lace x
Old Nov 16th 2005, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks,think I'll call in there tomorrow as well!
I'll mention your name,they might be able to get you a job in their customer relations dept
Old Nov 16th 2005, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

no don't mention my name

Thanks hun
lace xx
Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

As well as the Yorkshire Bank the National Australia Bank owns other British banking institutions - most notably the Northern Bank in N Ireland which was the subject of the biggest bank robbery and the Clydesdale in Scotland. It has been in the news recently because they are closing a lot of branches in the UK (2 within 10 miles of where we live).

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/co...in_author_id=3

Presumably transfers UK to Oz to the NAB can also be arranged through Clydesdale and Northern?

OzTennis
Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah well I know what you mean but they have closed ever bank around here for miles so far lol
boo hoo maybe back to the drawing board then
lace x
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
Yeah well I know what you mean but they have closed ever bank around here for miles so far lol
boo hoo maybe back to the drawing board then
lace x
Here is the link for the connection for the Yorkshire Bank and National Australia Bank. Just in case anyone is unsure of the connection.

http://www.ybonline.co.uk/0,,64275,00.html

The closing of the Yorshire Bank branches is part of the streamlining.