Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

An update from Perth

An update from Perth

Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:24 pm
Meow!

TigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud of
Smile An update from Perth

An update!

Last time I came on BE I was suffering really, really badly with homesickness but I thought I would give an update as to how things are going and how I came through it.

Myself and my family (partner, 2 kids) have been living in Perth for 9 months now and the time has flown. When we first came my family settled straight away and I didnt. There were times when I could have jumped on the first plane back to the UK as I missed my old life and family I left behind.

Anyhow I landed myself a good job, I have made friends and I am starting to feel at home. We are very happy here and I am so glad I stuck it out. Perth is a beautiful place (apparently the worlds best kept secret, shhhh!!) and I love it here. i wouldnt change things for the world now. I am so happy!!

Anyhow for those who are feeling homesick, there is light at the end of the tunnel, stick it out, get out there and make it happen, I did and it was well worth it. Good luck.

TF
Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: An update from Perth

Originally Posted by TigerFeet
An update!

Last time I came on BE I was suffering really, really badly with homesickness but I thought I would give an update as to how things are going and how I came through it.

Myself and my family (partner, 2 kids) have been living in Perth for 9 months now and the time has flown. When we first came my family settled straight away and I didnt. There were times when I could have jumped on the first plane back to the UK as I missed my old life and family I left behind.

Anyhow I landed myself a good job, I have made friends and I am starting to feel at home. We are very happy here and I am so glad I stuck it out. Perth is a beautiful place (apparently the worlds best kept secret, shhhh!!) and I love it here. i wouldnt change things for the world now. I am so happy!!

Anyhow for those who are feeling homesick, there is light at the end of the tunnel, stick it out, get out there and make it happen, I did and it was well worth it. Good luck.

TF

EXCELLENT! Really, really pleased for you.

Sharon x x x x x
Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

So good to hear you have settled in nicely now
Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Ant & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant future
Talking Re: An update from Perth

An update!

TF
It is really good to hear that you have settled well, we are moving to Perth soon and that has been one of my biggest worries. Where in Perth are you?

Antoinette
Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Nice to hear you are happy in your new city/country.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

Great news TF, pleased all going well for you
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

An update!

TF
Good for you Tiger! Everyone is bound to be homesick at one stage or another but you've got to tough it out and remember why you left the UK in the first place.

Why did you pick Perth? Not being nosey just can't decide on Brisbane or Perth at the minute.

Well done and best wishes

Lone Ranger
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

An update!

TF

Thats great news tigerfeet ! congrats on the new job, & its good to know you can get through the home sickness !
Well done

Nicky
Old Mar 24th 2006, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

An update!

TF
Hi TF

I am so happy to hear that you're enjoying your new life and that the homesickness has abated. Where about in Perth are you? We're coming across to Perth again in April to validate - we loved it when we were across in September.

Glad to hear you found a job that you enjoy. Did you find it difficult to find work? Thats my biggest worry!!! Have done loads of things but not really qualified to do anything in particular although have a pretty good job here (only cos I've spent years working up to it!!!).

It sounds like you've really settled down there.

Good luck although you dont sound like you need it any longer

Nikki
Old Mar 24th 2006, 7:12 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post TF, glad you have come through a tough time and are now enjoying it.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Great post TF So glad you've settled. Well done on the job.
Stay happy

L-j
Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:13 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

An update!

TF
Oh Tigerfeet, I'm so pleased to see this - you won't remember me but I do remember reading your threads ages ago and you were so sad. In fact I did a search through your threads a couple of weeks ago to see what had happened to you. I'm really really pleased you've settled in and well done you for sticking it out!

Karma sent
Old Mar 24th 2006, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Sical is a jewel in the roughSical is a jewel in the roughSical is a jewel in the roughSical is a jewel in the roughSical is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Good for you Tiger! Everyone is bound to be homesick at one stage or another but you've got to tough it out and remember why you left the UK in the first place.

Why did you pick Perth? Not being nosey just can't decide on Brisbane or Perth at the minute.

Well done and best wishes

Lone Ranger
Glad ur settled tiger feet!

Lone Ranger - re the Perth Brisbane debate - we went to Perth last July and flew to East Coast for Weekend - I have a really good mate in Brisbane - we found them quite different - we compared Brisbane to London, and Perth to our Home town - in the sense that Brisbane "seemed" like a full on city - whereas Perth "seemed" more like a town, - Much as I would luurve to live near my mate - we choose Perth , as we sooo much preferred it, - and we do not know anyone there!!!.

Its a hard decision - and totally up to the individual - That was how we felt, - for whats its worth.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 10:06 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

An update!

TF
That's great TF. Pleased you are starting to settle in Perth

You've really put my mind at rest, as that is one of the things that worries me the most (being homesick) It's that bad sometimes that I think to myself, 'can I really go ahead with the move?'

All the best,

Ange