Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Update on NZ House

Update on NZ House

Old Sep 17th 2003, 7:19 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update on NZ House

Well we decided that we would drive to London and its a good job we did because they had a derailment at Kingscross and all the trains were cancelled.But it wasnt much better on the M1... we set off a 5am to get to London early so we could fit in a bit of sight seeing aswell....but at about 7am there was a 6 lorry crash, we missed it by a wisker and then the whole of the M1 was closed we were basically guided off the motorway and left to fend for ourselves it was chaous....Huge traffic jams everywhere,my sister rang to see if we were ok as she'd heard about the M1 on the news and told us about the trains, I felt like we were jinxed and should turn round there and then. Many hours later we arrived at Stanmore London and caught the tube to Bakers St. (I think) but when we came to change tube trains it had been cancelled because passengers had been saying there was a strong smell of burning on the line AAAGHHH!!!!
I really thought we would never get to NZ House.
Anyway after what seemed like 2 days we arrived at NZ House and were asked to wait for someone to come for us and after a few mins we where ushered upstairs where a very very helpful and nice lady went through our application.She was very impressed at how Id presented it all in a folder and indexed it (Thanks Guys got that advice from this site) and it all went really smoothly from there.She gave us a receipt said it would take 2-4months and also gave us a bundle of useful emails and brochures. We were sooooo relieved and went for a much needed drink and some dinner the day was gorgeous and we just had enough time left to pop in on David Blaine lol and take a few piccies of the sites.Got back home at about 11.30pm .
After negotiating another cancelled tube and another major accident on the M1.
I am very tired but very happy this morning, I feel like we're one step closer

Last edited by sky; Sep 17th 2003 at 9:11 am.