Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Update on my 138 Australian Sponsored

Update on my 138 Australian Sponsored

Old Sep 15th 2004, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Exclamation Update on my 138 Australian Sponsored

Hello all,

I started a thread yesterday cause i wasnt sure if i had to plan a validation trip or not. I didnt get many replies from u guys but anyway, I wanted to share this with you... Everyone looooves a bit of DIMIA info!

My great and lovely agent contacted dimia by email and thats what she wrote:

Dear X,
I refer to previous correspondence and in particular to the primary applicants withdrawal of the secondary applicant from her application.

I have still not yet received any confirmation from your office of this change in circumstances being recorded.

Would you kindly revert by email as soon as possible.

The applicant is concerned that the validity of her Health and Character checks are soon to expire and that you may make a decision which requires the applicant to enter Australia to validate her visa close to the Christmas period. Ms. (thats me) is concerned that should this occur, she will have difficulty in obtaining flights and may be forced to pay expensive airfares due to the holiday season.

Therefore it would be appreciated if you were able to make a decision within the near future, if not, it may be necessary to request further Police and Character checks or to extend the validity of those currently held on file so to enable the primary applicant to enter Australia after the holiday Christmas season to validate her visa – if you decide to grant the visa.

Thank you for your assistance.

Yours faithfully,

And, you wanna know their reply???

Dear Ms X,

The file has not been allocated to a case officer yet. As it is within the
50 week processing stated in the acknowledgement letter i cannot give you
any further information regarding as to when it will be allocated, assessed
or finalised.

Thankyou

Soooo, i still dont know what to do, but don't we all???

I just wanted to keep you informed about my case. Let me know if you have any question!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update on my 138 Australian Sponsored

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Hello all,

I started a thread yesterday cause i wasnt sure if i had to plan a validation trip or not. I didnt get many replies from u guys but anyway, I wanted to share this with you... Everyone looooves a bit of DIMIA info!

My great and lovely agent contacted dimia by email and thats what she wrote:

Dear X,
I refer to previous correspondence and in particular to the primary applicants withdrawal of the secondary applicant from her application.

I have still not yet received any confirmation from your office of this change in circumstances being recorded.

Would you kindly revert by email as soon as possible.

The applicant is concerned that the validity of her Health and Character checks are soon to expire and that you may make a decision which requires the applicant to enter Australia to validate her visa close to the Christmas period. Ms. (thats me) is concerned that should this occur, she will have difficulty in obtaining flights and may be forced to pay expensive airfares due to the holiday season.

Therefore it would be appreciated if you were able to make a decision within the near future, if not, it may be necessary to request further Police and Character checks or to extend the validity of those currently held on file so to enable the primary applicant to enter Australia after the holiday Christmas season to validate her visa – if you decide to grant the visa.

Thank you for your assistance.

Yours faithfully,

And, you wanna know their reply???

Dear Ms X,

The file has not been allocated to a case officer yet. As it is within the
50 week processing stated in the acknowledgement letter i cannot give you
any further information regarding as to when it will be allocated, assessed
or finalised.

Thankyou

Soooo, i still dont know what to do, but don't we all???

I just wanted to keep you informed about my case. Let me know if you have any question!
And for a minute there Swissfabs I thought you were going to finish with an I GOT IT. Still, I would get yourself an ETA, inform your agent and get out to Oz.

How come your meds and PCC got done so early?
Old Sep 15th 2004, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by marco121068
And for a minute there Swissfabs I thought you were going to finish with an I GOT IT. Still, I would get yourself an ETA, inform your agent and get out to Oz.

How come your meds and PCC got done so early?

Hey marco!!!! wellll, to tell you the truth, when i opened the mail from my lawyer i wondered for a while because she said: this is the reply i got from Dimia !!!

I have actually frontloaded because i was in OZ and my ex had already done them in september. lets just wait and see!
I actually have a job in Switzerland at the moment, + a canadian boyfriend (why the hell isnt he an Aussie!!!) and i cant leave before april next year!
I dont know how long i have to wait before booking my holiday ( i want to go to Montreal for 2 weeks in Nov) - cause if my visa comes thru. But my medicals and PCC expire mid november!!!!

Argggghhhh this is annoying!

fabie
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:52 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swissfabs
But my medicals and PCC expire mid november!!!!
Unfortunately this is a risk inherent in front-loading. You should talk to your agent about the next steps, and the possibility that you will have to repeat them.

Jeremy
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
Unfortunately this is a risk inherent in front-loading. You should talk to your agent about the next steps, and the possibility that you will have to repeat them.

Jeremy
Thanks JAJ,

I am currently talking to my agent. Redoing the meds is going to be cheaper than a validation trip. but i just have to wait and see!

Have a great day.