Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

update and huge thank you to all kind souls at BE who've helped

update and huge thank you to all kind souls at BE who've helped

Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default update and huge thank you to all kind souls at BE who've helped

Just wanted to say I tried to email you all individually for all the kindness that you have showed. Am totally overwhelmed and very humbled that total strangers and people I've just met have cared enough to try and help us out finding somewhere to live and kind words about our dog problems. I really appreciate it but am so weepy that it will start me off again, just wanted to say from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
The good news is that we ahve secured a rental in The Gap as from tomorrow. It's about 200 dollars more a week than we wanted to pay but will take the pets, has air con (for the babies!). and a pool and we feel very lucky. To all those still looking so much luck that you get somewhere. Can't believe it's so hard. All I've learnt if it helps anyone is just to put in as many applications as you can just hoping that one will come through and not and sit and wait like eejits like us that the one we hoped for would (it didn't but we found somewhre else!) Also if the agents insist on twelve months and you want a six months, gird your loins and insist! To all i met on the roma parklands a bbq will be imminent, once we get plates to eat off as all we've got to our names is clothes, two oven mitts and three pillows!

As for the pooch and ehrilichia nightmare, we're looking at taking another test for our dogs (thanks to a kind sould on BE) who advised us and hoping that gets her through. Our cats and one dog are now in the air and should be arriving I hope at syndey quarantine tomorrow morning.

I just wish everyone out there all the luck in teh world and if we can ever do anything for any of you please pm me and I will send my new address and mobile number. All the best us x
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of
Default Re: update and huge thank you to all kind souls at BE who've helped

Great news ... you'll be able to tell war stories with the best of us soon : )
Thanks for letting us know how you're getting on.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:11 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liver bird
Just wanted to say I tried to email you all individually for all the kindness that you have showed. Am totally overwhelmed and very humbled that total strangers and people I've just met have cared enough to try and help us out finding somewhere to live and kind words about our dog problems. I really appreciate it but am so weepy that it will start me off again, just wanted to say from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
The good news is that we ahve secured a rental in The Gap as from tomorrow. It's about 200 dollars more a week than we wanted to pay but will take the pets, has air con (for the babies!). and a pool and we feel very lucky. To all those still looking so much luck that you get somewhere. Can't believe it's so hard. All I've learnt if it helps anyone is just to put in as many applications as you can just hoping that one will come through and not and sit and wait like eejits like us that the one we hoped for would (it didn't but we found somewhre else!) Also if the agents insist on twelve months and you want a six months, gird your loins and insist! To all i met on the roma parklands a bbq will be imminent, once we get plates to eat off as all we've got to our names is clothes, two oven mitts and three pillows!

As for the pooch and ehrilichia nightmare, we're looking at taking another test for our dogs (thanks to a kind sould on BE) who advised us and hoping that gets her through. Our cats and one dog are now in the air and should be arriving I hope at syndey quarantine tomorrow morning.

I just wish everyone out there all the luck in teh world and if we can ever do anything for any of you please pm me and I will send my new address and mobile number. All the best us x
What a lovely post!
Glad everything is working itself out LB. let us know how you get on with your remaining dog.
All the best with your new life.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:15 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

wishing you all the best

Was it difficult finding a rental property online in the UK? We are hoping to be moving to the Gold Coast and we need a 4 bed + pool + we have 1 dog ( Small whippet). We will be in a position to pay for 6 months out right (450.00 per week). I want to be sure that we have somewhere to live before we go. Where the agents helpful? Your advise would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:27 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news Liver... So pleased you have somewhere. Things will get much better for you now, and you can get settled.
Lovely that you've got a pool...

Good luck and keep us updated.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 3:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julie hilton
wishing you all the best

Was it difficult finding a rental property online in the UK? We are hoping to be moving to the Gold Coast and we need a 4 bed + pool + we have 1 dog ( Small whippet). We will be in a position to pay for 6 months out right (450.00 per week). I want to be sure that we have somewhere to live before we go. Where the agents helpful? Your advise would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Julie, she's already here and was struggling to find. I'm not sure I would try and do it online, the photos are extremely deceptive and you need to put down bonds etc. Far better to wait till you get here, put yourselves in a short term rental and then look. During this time it's likely your dog will be in quarantine anyway.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 4:23 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

so please you gave us an update ms liverpool, i have been worried about you.

you will look back on this in about 6 months time and smile, smile and wave boys, smile and wave ........

you other dog will get over here soon as well, i can feel it in me water. there's nothing like the feeling you have going to quarantine to pick them up. just keep on having the test until it passes.

the pressure is really on isnt it, looking for a rental. we were getting stressed and we were staying with my sister, so wasnt too bad.

bonus though, a pool .......

nice one
xxx

ps, let us know whats happening with the other pooch.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 5:21 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

So glad you've found somewhere to live. That's a huge hurdle to cross. Well done at last!

I really hope the pooch makes it through the next check and can join you in doggy walkies on the beach.

Keep your chin up: onwards and upwards and all the rest of it!!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Lol just sent you a pm asking how you got on and saw this.Great news! :-)
Kelly x
Old Nov 7th 2006, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Lol just sent you a pm asking how you got on and saw this.Great news! :-)
Kelly x
YOU WILL LOOK BACK AFTER A FEW YEARS AND THINK did we do that PLEASED ITS WORKED OUT IT ALWAYS DOUSE IF YOU WANT IT TOO
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe I missed this post

Glad you've got something sorted, made up for you. Keep us all informed about the woof-woof and how your getting on.

If it's ok I'll pop round for my tea one night I'll be billy no mates until the Mrs and kids and dogs come out !

Ian
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:57 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Ruth, now you've got ME started!!!!! SOB.
So happy you've secured somewhere but even happier that there is actually another test that can be done for the pooch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd never have known that until I read your post so that's some hope for others facing the same problem.
Have hope and trust in getting her to you asap and it will all come good!
Thinking of you!!!!!!!!

*pearly*
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:37 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Great post and great to see you finally settled in, it will be even better tonight when we beat the brummies, especialy now that poor old mancs got knocked out by errrrrr who was it, oh yes SOUTHEND!!!!!!! tee hee. Good luck to you all and hope its all downhill from here on in.

Take care,

Nev.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 2:08 am
now sweet kraut

sour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to all

Oh, brilliant, that's so good. You'll probably get a pay rise soon, so won't even feel the higher rent.
You'll be very pleased about the pool soon, too...
Good luck with the other dog and you know what you gotta do now, don't you - drag family to beach, sit back, watch that horizon, wonder how in earth you made it here... ENJOY!