Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Update on ex's permission - NOT!!

Update on ex's permission - NOT!!

Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:40 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Update on ex's permission - NOT!!

Fingers crossed for ya honey...keep us posted
H xxxxxxx

Last edited by biggy; Nov 20th 2007 at 9:00 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:10 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I've just read through your thread, you must be going through hell!

Very best of luck for Friday,

Jackie x
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Fingers crossed for you.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Well todays the day..a bit of a spanner in the works this morning cafcass are recommending a supervised observed contact this morning before the hearing, solicitor has recommended I agree to demonstrate my reasonability!! my daughter is very anxious..I would not wish this on anybody.

anyway I will update you all later and thanks for the pms and karma received lately

Thanks again

Sarah
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 8:47 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nigelb
Well todays the day..a bit of a spanner in the works this morning cafcass are recommending a supervised observed contact this morning before the hearing, solicitor has recommended I agree to demonstrate my reasonability!! my daughter is very anxious..I would not wish this on anybody.

anyway I will update you all later and thanks for the pms and karma received lately

Thanks again

Sarah
thinking of ya mate xxxxx
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 8:50 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by biggy
thinking of ya mate xxxxx
Good Luck today sending you loads of good luck
Niamh
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you've had no nasty surprises. Good luck with it all. Not been in your positon thank god but my best mates hubby has the same sort of shit going on and it kills me thinking of how he has to deal with it.

Thinking of you.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:09 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

I need a bit of support at the moment, the court process is turning nasty as I predicted, last week he contacted my daughters school informed them of his parental rights, they then phoned me to say if he arrived with proof of his parental responsibility they would be legally obliged to hand her over. My solicitor immediately faxed to his solicitor to get an assurance that he will not attempt to do this. No assurance received as yet! We are waiting for first cafcass appointment which has been delayed because he took extra time submitting his residency full application which we should get to see this week..it will be interesting to see what grounds he thinks he has.

I feel somewhat lonely and very uneasy..not physically lonely because my OH has been brill and I don't know how I would cope if he didn't understand and take care of me. However it still very hard and I wish it was all over.

Sorry for long depressing post just needed to get it off my chest.

Sarah
OMG!!
Does you daughter even know what her dad looks like?
I'm genuinely concerned for her, I wonder if it might be prudent for you to tell her what's going on, and be upfront about what he's done with the school. Would the school be happy to keep her if she refuses to be taken by her father? (rights of the child and all that) Alternatively, you could just move schools (something I would be very tempted to do, but understand that this would be VERY stressful for your daughter.)

Having never been in the situation but I'm not sure what you can/can't do, but, frankly, I'm horrified that he could just turn up at the school and take her!

I hope that your poor daughter isn't too stressed by all of this and that she tells him exactly how he's made her feel during all of this...
Wishing you lots of love and a positive outcome for everyone.

Last edited by alipally; Nov 23rd 2007 at 9:13 am. Reason: read rest of thread and added!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:55 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Only just read this ...OMG what a bloody nightmare you have been going through.

Lots and lots of luck for today.........I am sure it will work out good in the end

Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:59 am
Account Closed

MaggieM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope everything goes well for you and that it's not too traumatic for your daughter.

Hoping to read tomorrow that things have gone your way.

Best of Luck to you,

Maggie

Last edited by MaggieM; Nov 23rd 2007 at 10:00 am. Reason: spelling!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Have been thinking of you! Hope it went well at court & that it wasn't too awful for your daughter!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Well what a day.. the contact with my daughter with her absent Dad was aweful but fortunately the cafcass officer witnessed it and reported very accurately for the court this afternoon, but what it means is that we are adjouned again now until the another final hearing on 21st Dec - Judge says he wants it sorted then, cafcass have to report more on his motives etc and we have to provide undertakings about finances if we are granted permission etc. But on a positive note the barrister has said it just a matter of process now there is no case to answer but all the technicalities have to be addressed. I felt so sad to watch my daughter cry when she came out but at least cafcass said that will not happen again.

I really appreciate all the support from the BE crew and while we sat for 3 hours at the court this afternoon while others discuss our fate, I was thinking of the many positive stories I have read on BE and I know that we will be one of them in 4 weeks time. Whatever it takes we will make a new life for ourselves and this will all be a distant memory.
So 4 weeks today you just watch this space

thanks to you all

Sarah
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Sarah, so sad for your daughter, what an experience for her
On the positive side, at least it allowed your ex to be seen in his true light
Loads of luck for 4 weeks time but sounds like the really difficult day was today!
Have a good weekend
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

At least you know it will be resolved by Christmas. It sounds like they just need to get the reports they need from cafcass, and when the judge says it will be finished by then, it usually is. It's awful your daughter had to go through that though

Look on the bright side, it will be a fantastic Christmas present for you all.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 6:39 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Well what a day.. the contact with my daughter with her absent Dad was aweful but fortunately the cafcass officer witnessed it and reported very accurately for the court this afternoon, but what it means is that we are adjouned again now until the another final hearing on 21st Dec - Judge says he wants it sorted then, cafcass have to report more on his motives etc and we have to provide undertakings about finances if we are granted permission etc. But on a positive note the barrister has said it just a matter of process now there is no case to answer but all the technicalities have to be addressed. I felt so sad to watch my daughter cry when she came out but at least cafcass said that will not happen again.

I really appreciate all the support from the BE crew and while we sat for 3 hours at the court this afternoon while others discuss our fate, I was thinking of the many positive stories I have read on BE and I know that we will be one of them in 4 weeks time. Whatever it takes we will make a new life for ourselves and this will all be a distant memory.
So 4 weeks today you just watch this space

thanks to you all

Sarah
Just read what you going thru mate its crap making your daughter see him.

hopefully all be sorted for Krimbo and you can get on your way.

Chin up all good things come to those who wait.....it did with us.

You know where we are if you need owt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.