Reload this Page >

Update on The Brox Family

Update on The Brox Family

Old Dec 19th 2003, 1:17 am
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update on The Brox Family

Hi all

I dont know if anyone will remember us, but I thought Id send an update on how things have been going.

After 8 months 'Down Under' life is great. Mr Brox is enjoying work and has made plently of mates. The kids have now settled into school and have loads of freinds. It wasnt easy for them at first and its taken a good few months for them to feel happy with life here, even now they talk of going 'Home' but its less than they used to. Its taken me a while to make friends and Ive had to make a real effort with the ladies here. We are the only Pommie family around, so all our freinds are Ozzys. But I now have a great set of mates.

We are still renting, but our house should be finished in March, fingers crossed. Its just amazing to watch a house that was designed by us being built.

We never seem to tire of the beach, and go down when ever we get the chance, but with work, school and all the out of school activities the kids are involved with its only ever other week.

Ive been through the 'Homesick' stage and it hit me like a brick wall. I cried for a few days, then realised what we had here and pulled myself together. I miss my freinds in the UK very much and I think it will take years to get that bond with the people here.

I think Ive changed in the last 8 months, Im less stressed and seem to be more laid back about things. I used to be the sort of person that had to get everything done today, well now tommorow will do!!!!

One thing I do miss are the clothes shops in the UK. Ladies if you like your clothes ( I used to ) Get stocked up before you come as they are shocking here!! I was a NEXT freak and Im still having 'Withdrawls'!!

For us, moving to Oz seems to be working out. I would do it all again ( apart from the goodbyes!! Not nice )

Anyway, goodluck to all those still going through the process, your day will come and you will find out for yourselves if this is the life for you.

Mrs Brox
Old Dec 19th 2003, 1:20 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like you've cracked it, well done!

Mrs DUP was also a NEXT freak - we took ages finding a substitute. Now we have, but I think they're only in Sydney - EG Collections (formerly known as 'Essential Gear')
Old Dec 19th 2003, 1:26 am
WBB

cheers for the post, nice to hear how you are getting on.

Old Dec 19th 2003, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Glad you are settling in! Seems your efforts have paid off

We are coming to Bunbury for our holiday 1st week in January, any tips on where to visit?

Diane
Old Dec 19th 2003, 2:20 am
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

Diane

The Dolphin Centre is a must. If you get there early in the morning you have a chance to go in the water with the dolphins. They visit between 8 and 11am 200 days of the year, if your lucky one of those days might be when you go. If they dont come in you can go out on a boat tour and see them playing, their are about 150 of them in the bay.

Busselton is only 40 mins away from us, and is great for the kids, there is a water park just on the beach front. Also just a bit further down you get to the Margeret River Region so if you like the odd glass of wine you will be well in with all the free tasting!!!!

If you want to meet up for a coffee we know of a great place on the beach where the kids can play safely.

Mrs Brox