Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Update on behalf of Desperate House Flies (Jill)

Update on behalf of Desperate House Flies (Jill)

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 1:59 am
You'll learn............

Desperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of light
Default Update on behalf of Desperate House Flies (Jill)

Hi guys,

Warren here. Jill wanted me to log in at work on her behalf as sicne we have moved we have not been able to get the internet connected properly - we are having a few technical issues even with dial up !

I will let Jill write the details of the move into our new house, but suffice to day it went relatively smoothly with no major drama's along the way - but I am sure Jill will write the funny occurrences up later in only the way she can !! All I will say is that it is fantastic to be in our own home again after almost a year. The garden gets finished on Tuesday and so then everything will be complete.

I would like to say a big thank you to Maggy who was an absolute star and I reckon has more muscles than me !! She worked tirelessly all day to help us unpack in record time.

Crown, once again, were absolute stars and we can't reccomend them enough.

The wonderful Telstra have decided that we can't have broadband until at least the end of November 05 even though all our neighbours have it as they haven't got enough nodes at the exchange and the upgrades won't be completed until that time !!!

If anyone wants to get in touch with us in the meantime, please PM Jill on here and I will pass the messages on.

Thank you to all our expat and Aussie friends for all their help and support over the last few weeks, we really appreciate it.

Warren
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 2:01 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Update on behalf of Desperate House Flies (Jill)

Originally Posted by Desperate House Flies
Hi guys,

Warren here. Jill wanted me to log in at work on her behalf as sicne we have moved we have not been able to get the internet connected properly - we are having a few technical issues even with dial up !

I will let Jill write the details of the move into our new house, but suffice to day it went relatively smoothly with no major drama's along the way - but I am sure Jill will write the funny occurrences up later in only the way she can !! All I will say is that it is fantastic to be in our own home again after almost a year. The garden gets finished on Tuesday and so then everything will be complete.

I would like to say a big thank you to Maggy who was an absolute star and I reckon has more muscles than me !! She worked tirelessly all day to help us unpack in record time.

Crown, once again, were absolute stars and we can't reccomend them enough.

The wonderful Telstra have decided that we can't have broadband until at least the end of November 05 even though all our neighbours have it as they haven't got enough nodes at the exchange and the upgrades won't be completed until that time !!!

If anyone wants to get in touch with us in the meantime, please PM Jill on here and I will pass the messages on.

Thank you to all our expat and Aussie friends for all their help and support over the last few weeks, we really appreciate it.

Warren

Hey Wazza!!

Glad to hear that the house is all you could have hoped for and that things are still running as smoothly as they can do.

Will look forward to seeing all the pics and hearing the tales by Jill.

Hope your job is still going well....

Keep in touch

Hels
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

So glad I have just logged in Warren!

Lovely feeling innit living in your own house at last! Our friends were the same after living in a apartment for nearly 6 months prior to their house being finished! Hope to be in that position some time in the future, although getting used to this renting lark! he he!!

Glad the move went well! Say hello to Jill for us - have a good weekend

Chill out - oh and good luck with the Broadband - know what thats like - everytime we have to move into a different area in Cairns, no guarantees it will be available - boy do we need it - you know what I mean

Take care you guys

Gill
x
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 3:25 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Well done guys!

I think we need to be doing the same thing.

We're getting cheesed off living in a rental property with potential but not being allowed to do anything to it (or buy it)!

The consolation is that least we don't have to keep paying to repair the pieces that keep dropping off!

I hope the job's still going well Warren. I've certainly got plenty of Logistics on my plate at present.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Was wondering where she had go to - been sending PM's about the lovely ladies at Home Trimmings!!!

Glad you are finally in your own home. We got our keys today, but won't be moving in for a few days yet.

Well done
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Update on behalf of Desperate House Flies (Jill)

Hi !
Good to hear everything going well. Enjoy your new home , it must feel lovely.Tell Jill , I look forward to her posting soon , hopefully before end of Nov.!!!
All the best,
Tass.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:45 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Wondered where you'd gone!

Glad the house move went well
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:28 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Thanks for taking the time Warren, and I don't think Jill has to worry about any literary competition in her family

Welcome to your new home and send Jill love.

Anne
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:31 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Glad the house move went well
Where did the house move to BTW ?

Say hi from me W
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi Jill and Warren.............hope your new house is all you dream of........
All the very best

Sandra
xxxxx
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:56 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hope the doggy hasnt dug anything up it shouldnt!?

happy house!

sue x
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 12:17 pm
Banned

Monkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really nice

Congratulations on the move. A lot of blood, sweat and tears....all over now

Justin & Maggie