update.......

Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default update.......

Well we have been here for all of 3 weeks, but as my pal in the Uk put it, have done more than most people do in 5 years. Guess we hit the ground running and didn't want to miss out.

My only gripe is that my container- which left 12th Dec- is still in customs. Probably another 3/4 week wait yet for it. Apart from that the place is fantastic.

The Aussies are a friendly bunch and quickly take you under their wings. We have found the hardest thing was to get a place to rent. The references etc that they want are madness. In the end we offered to pay up front for 3 months. Luckily we found an independent agent who came over from NZ himself and he liked the look of us! We are moving into a brand new 4 bed house tomorrow. It is walking distance to our kids school which is great. Right next to the rain forest and 5 mins to the beach. What more could I want??!

I can't really explain how much we feel at home here. Obviously the homesickness hasn't kicked in yet. But in general I can't think of a more beautiful, friendly place to live. We went to the beach at Bribie island yesterday which was fab.Other days we spend walking around, shopping ( yes there are shops here!!!) or going swimming.

We are still pinching ourselves and chuckling that we don't have to go back to the grey country. There are lots of business opportunities around if you look for them. And people are happy to offer advice.

Kids love school and 2 of them are going on camp this week. The 7 yr old can't wait as she has not done this before.

More update to follow and I will be back to defend Qld when I get our PC off the container!!!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Forgot to add wish us luck with our driving theory tests. We have to take them this week as you need the Aus licence for mortgages, banks etc. We got the book from the Transport centre and now it is swotting up time You can only sit 1 test a day and it is $15.50 per try, could end up costing me a bit
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Hi Tina

Glad to see you made it OK.

Don't worry about the test. Can you donwload the sample version 'cos it'll give you a good feel for the real thing.

H took hers and passed 100%, the fcat she hadn't driven a car in 20 years didn't seem to be factor. I wish it had been then maybe she wouldn't have run over our mailbox this morning
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm pleased to hear that everything's going well for you.

Must be great to finally be living in Oz! I know i'm still loving it after nearly 3 1/2 years.

Good luck with the tests.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:57 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Tina - great to hear your news and that you're loving it!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:15 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tina,

Glad to hear you and the kids are settled, keep us informed wont you?
Love Hxx
Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:16 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Nibbs
H took hers and passed 100%, the fcat she hadn't driven a car in 20 years didn't seem to be factor. I wish it had been then maybe she wouldn't have run over our mailbox this morning
pmsl!!!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Good onya Tina...another member in the "loves Oz" camp.

As for the driving test thing... it makes me laugh...i am a very experienced driver and it earned me a lot of money in UK in my business, yet it took me 3 goes to pass the theory test here!!! LMAO....i'm never gonna live it down!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by hevs
pmsl!!!
More than I did. A job application was inside and I'm still trying to get the bugger out !!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:41 am
Badge

one tip: learn the right of the way rules, speed limits, everything else seemed to be common sense/ and or similar to pommieland.

I boned up on the code whilst I was in the queue for the test computer.

Badge

Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:44 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount
one tip: learn the right of the way rules, speed limits, everything else seemed to be common sense/ and or similar to pommieland.

I boned up on the code whilst I was in the queue for the test computer.

Badge
Does Victoria still have some funny right of way rules? Distances are also worth remembering. Anyone remember how far before abd after a post box you can park
Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're still enjoying it Tina, and dancing happily round your handbag! We'll get together again soon! Don't pin any hopes on getting your container soon though - they told me today I might have my stuff by mid-March....the ship docked on Dec 27th!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:16 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear from you Tina & glad to see you got home from the wedding OK & didnt get lost up that big road north . Excellent news on the house, do you still want some furniture or have you got stuff organised? Give us a ring if you need anything, its all just sitting here collecting dust anyway .
Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:19 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: update.......

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tinaj
It is walking distance to our kids school which is great. Right next to the rain forest and 5 mins to the beach. What more could I want??!

Sounds lovely. So glad it's all coming together for you. Well done!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: update.......

Originally posted by tinaj
Well we have been here for all of 3 weeks, but as my pal in the Uk put it, have done more than most people do in 5 years. Guess we hit the ground running and didn't want to miss out.

My only gripe is that my container- which left 12th Dec- is still in customs. Probably another 3/4 week wait yet for it. Apart from that the place is fantastic.

The Aussies are a friendly bunch and quickly take you under their wings. We have found the hardest thing was to get a place to rent. The references etc that they want are madness. In the end we offered to pay up front for 3 months. Luckily we found an independent agent who came over from NZ himself and he liked the look of us! We are moving into a brand new 4 bed house tomorrow. It is walking distance to our kids school which is great. Right next to the rain forest and 5 mins to the beach. What more could I want??!

I can't really explain how much we feel at home here. Obviously the homesickness hasn't kicked in yet. But in general I can't think of a more beautiful, friendly place to live. We went to the beach at Bribie island yesterday which was fab.Other days we spend walking around, shopping ( yes there are shops here!!!) or going swimming.

We are still pinching ourselves and chuckling that we don't have to go back to the grey country. There are lots of business opportunities around if you look for them. And people are happy to offer advice.

Kids love school and 2 of them are going on camp this week. The 7 yr old can't wait as she has not done this before.

More update to follow and I will be back to defend Qld when I get our PC off the container!!!
Great news Tinaj
sounds like you're really happy and settled,
best of luck for your test, keep us posted
hugs
rach, mark and chanelle xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.