Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unusual jobs (not to be read over dinner!)

Unusual jobs (not to be read over dinner!)

Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unusual jobs (not to be read over dinner!)

Lots of us are job-hunting, so I can't be the only one who is coming across some - er - unusual jobs! Apart from the one for "Adult Telephone Operator - must have good conversational manner" (!! ), today I have come across "Aromatic Residue Collector" - they promise "Excellent working conditions, including free nasal plugs....." starting to get the idea....? Criteria include enjoy working outdoors at nighttime, "preferably with limited olfactory capability" plus the ability to "wield a shovel and fill an over-sized bucket for prolonged periods without tiring".
Good fringe benefits though - the right to sell on all "aromatic residue" to anyone who wants it, such as gardeners........

Anyone got a better/weirder one?:scared:
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:34 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unusual jobs (not to be read over dinner!)

Originally posted by Pollyana
Lots of us are job-hunting, so I can't be the only one who is coming across some - er - unusual jobs! Apart from the one for "Adult Telephone Operator - must have good conversational manner" (!! ), today I have come across "Aromatic Residue Collector" - they promise "Excellent working conditions, including free nasal plugs....." starting to get the idea....? Criteria include enjoy working outdoors at nighttime, "preferably with limited olfactory capability" plus the ability to "wield a shovel and fill an over-sized bucket for prolonged periods without tiring".
Good fringe benefits though - the right to sell on all "aromatic residue" to anyone who wants it, such as gardeners........

Anyone got a better/weirder one?:scared:
Hey, I have "aromatic residue" in our backyard if anyone wants to come collect it. Just make sure you shut the gate after you so the horses cant escape .
Old Dec 15th 2003, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

My favourite has always been the (skilled and very well paid) chicken sexer. Sit in a shed all day ... no heavy lifting. Reach into a box of little fluffy yellow chicks. Pick up chick. Take a peek. Heave over shoulder into box on left if boy. Box is on right if a girlie chick. Repeat as necessary.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 10:14 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unusual jobs (not to be read over dinner!)

what about this job?
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...125651144.html

If I was to ever do that job, it would be a waste to spit it back out, and would definately need public transport/chauffeur to and from work
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:36 pm
Excellent Member

anne wilson will become famous soon enough

I also read the "aromatic residue Collector" ad.

Its actually an advert for a reindeer droppings collector - its a spoof!!!

Took me a few reads to get it tho!!!