Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unused air tickets

Wikiposts

Unused air tickets

Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unused air tickets

We came out to Oz in October 2004 and must use our return tickets by October 2005. I don't think we will be doing the trip. There are three economy and one business class and they could be used from either Melbourne or Sydney to Heathrow. Has anyone managed to transfer tickets? I have been told by my travel agent that I could apply for a refund but would only get the airport tax back. It seems a waste.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Unused air tickets

Originally Posted by Ian12
We came out to Oz in October 2004 and must use our return tickets by October 2005. I don't think we will be doing the trip. There are three economy and one business class and they could be used from either Melbourne or Sydney to Heathrow. Has anyone managed to transfer tickets? I have been told by my travel agent that I could apply for a refund but would only get the airport tax back. It seems a waste.
The airlines usually stipulate that tickets are non-transferrable and if it's just the return part of your journey that's unused there won't be much to gain in it (money wise).

I wish you luck but I don't think you'll get any joy, but I hope you prove me wrong.

Good luck
Phil
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:09 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

I could fly all the way around the world on my unused tickets I agree with Phil, I don't think there is much you can do with them (& if the travel agent will give you any money at all, take it!!!).
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saraliz
I could fly all the way around the world on my unused tickets I agree with Phil, I don't think there is much you can do with them (& if the travel agent will give you any money at all, take it!!!).

Well it makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one with a fist of unused and non transferable airline tickets. Thanks guys.