UNPAID FINE???

Old Jan 5th 2010, 12:43 am
Just Joined

LALZER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UNPAID FINE???

When on a 3 week holiday in Australia in 2005, i got fined for speeding and of course i never paid the fine, ive just been offered a job down there, the company is applying for the visa, will my unpay fine be a problem???? Or can i still pay it
Old Jan 5th 2010, 1:00 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UNPAID FINE???

Originally Posted by LALZER
When on a 3 week holiday in Australia in 2005, i got fined for speeding and of course i never paid the fine, ive just been offered a job down there, the company is applying for the visa, will my unpay fine be a problem???? Or can i still pay it
yes and yes

Email the licensing authority in the state the fine occured and pay by visa.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 1:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that, I have no records of the fine only the place and date so hopefully that will be enough
Old Jan 5th 2010, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

It might depend on where you got the fine and where you are moving to.

OH got caught for speeding in WA (in a remote spot and the only car we had seen for 2 hours was the cops car ) so we said to the big burly policeman what happens next as we had our visa but only on holiday at the time. He said we could choose not to pay it especially if we thought we'd never go to WA again but if we did and we got caught again then it wouldn't be good! So we paid up. Anyway, when it came to getting our VIC drivers licence there wasn't any points etc sitting on OH's record.

Best to pay it if you think you might be living here soon!
Old Jan 5th 2010, 2:05 am

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, I have no records of the fine only the place and date so hopefully that will be enough
Possibly will be, in the end it could amount to nothing but the fine is no huge cost mine was 145 Bucks after ten years sitting idle. The risk is not worth the 70 quid on the visa card to pay it. Plus if the have no record of you then chances are no one else will.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 2:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Why 'of course I didn't pay'?
Old Jan 5th 2010, 2:19 am
Just Joined

well i didnt pay coz i never thought id be returning. i was young for gods sake!!
Old Jan 5th 2010, 2:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

well i didnt pay coz i never thought id be returning. i was young for gods sake!!
Only asked.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 2:47 am
Just Joined

I know i know, so i emailed NSW police and gave them the date and place with my passport number so hopefully that will do to pay it..
Old Jan 5th 2010, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt the fine will be a problem. I know a guy who had about $1600 in fines owing and it was only when he was stopped for speeding by a patrol car did they catch up with him, mind you he was arrested and spent a few hours in the cells so it messed up his day.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by NedKelly
I doubt the fine will be a problem. I know a guy who had about $1600 in fines owing and it was only when he was stopped for speeding by a patrol car did they catch up with him, mind you he was arrested and spent a few hours in the cells so it messed up his day.
Ned to me that would count as a problem?
Old Jan 6th 2010, 3:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia
Ned to me that would count as a problem?
Not for me. A few days in the cells would mean a vacation from my family.