Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unopened Post At The A.h.c.????

Unopened Post At The A.h.c.????

Old May 12th 2002, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

britbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unopened Post At The A.h.c.????

Would anybody know when the AHC are going to resolve their unopened post situation?
We were contacted in early April to redo police checks and they wanted some more info to support our application, which is fine and was duly submitted. But not heard a 'dickie' since. I did phone them up and was told that they have alot of unopened post and are going to 'blitz' it in the next couple of weeks.
We applied Dec 15th 2000 and have heard of people that have applied after us and have been approved.
I'm assumming the hold up has been caused by the AHC asking for police checks and info that it has all accumilated.
Any ideas?
Britbird
Old May 12th 2002, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Claire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Unopened Post At The A.h.c.????

Hi

I hope you hear something really soon. I know how frustrating it is and I know the funny looks that the postie gives eveytime you snatch the letters out of his hands as he puts them through the letterbox!

I think your theory is correct so maybe we should offer our services to AHC and go and open the post for them?

Good luck

Claire
xx
Old May 12th 2002, 7:20 pm
Skipp

Yeah lets all go down there and open the letters for them. I'm sure enough of us
would offer our services free! By the way has anyone had any acceptance from the AHC
recently? Im asking because i got the usual lettter asking for new police checks
(which i'm still damn well waiting for after 1 month...thanks Metropolitan Police!!)
so they could process my application before end of June.

"Claire" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi
    >
    > I hope you hear something really soon. I know how frustrating it is and I know the
    > funny looks that the postie gives eveytime you snatch the letters out of his hands
    > as he puts them through the letterbox!
    >
    > I think your theory is correct so maybe we should offer our services to AHC and go
    > and open the post for them?
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Claire xx
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Alan Collett
    >
    > Alan Collett
    >
    > Yvonne
    >
    > BBQ & VB
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 12th 2002, 9:20 pm
Jaj

I'm not sure if I believe this story that the AHC 'aren't opening the post.' People
who are granted visas are sending their passports to London and getting visas back
within a couple of weeks - how would that be so if not a single item of mail was
being opened.

Jeremy

>On Sun, 12 May 2002 19:44:55 +0100, "skipp" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Yeah lets all go down there and open the letters for them. I'm sure enough of us
    >would offer our services free! By the way has anyone had any acceptance from the AHC
    >recently? Im asking because i got the usual lettter asking for new police checks
    >(which i'm still damn well waiting for after 1 month...thanks Metropolitan Police!!)
    >so they could process my application before end of June.
    >
    >
    >"Claire" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I hope you hear something really soon. I know how frustrating it is and I know the
    >> funny looks that the postie gives eveytime you snatch the letters out of his hands
    >> as he puts them through the letterbox!
    >>
    >> I think your theory is correct so maybe we should offer our services to AHC and go
    >> and open the post for them?
    >>
    >> Good luck
    >>
    >> Claire xx
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> Alan Collett
    >>
    >> Alan Collett
    >>
    >> Yvonne
    >>
    >> BBQ & VB
    >>
    >> Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 13th 2002, 10:20 am
Recipe

When I phoned them a month or two back they said that the did their work in batches,
so they must be getting acceptance letters out now, when they are finished that
they'll open a new batch of mail.

[email protected] (JAJ) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm not sure if I believe this story that the AHC 'aren't opening the post.' People
    > who are granted visas are sending their passports to London and getting visas back
    > within a couple of weeks - how would that be so if not a single item of mail was
    > being opened.