Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unlimited budget Melbourne move

Unlimited budget Melbourne move

Old Apr 26th 2013, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unlimited budget Melbourne move

Originally Posted by OzTennis
No, I think it's more a reflection on the economic times. My family have personal experience of trying to sell in the 'executive price bracket' and they aren't shifting and don't draw the level of interest they did in more buoyant times. You can get a few thousand 'hits' a week on the internet for your property and then get a handful of parties turning up for each of many OFI's and they try and tell you the property is worth well under what you are asking which is well under what it would have been if you were selling a few years ago.
I think you are identifying the reality of why Williamstown is not in the same league as Blue Chip Armadale/Toorak/Malvern/Brighton

I grant you there has been a correction in the market over the past 18 months, but this does not take away the number of discerning buyers still needing accomodation.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

stuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sr71
The nicest suburbs I would consider would be out of the following

Albert Park
Middle Park
Toorak
South Yarra
Armadale

There are a few of the top private schools around these areas too.

Brighton is too far out
Hmmm, not sure 20 minutes on the train to Flinders constitutes "too far out" & FYI the tram from Flinders to Middle Park is only 5 minutes shorter than the train from Flinders to Middle Brighton
Old Apr 27th 2013, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stuartsummers1980
Hmmm, not sure 20 minutes on the train to Flinders constitutes "too far out" & FYI the tram from Flinders to Middle Park is only 5 minutes shorter than the train from Flinders to Middle Brighton
Frank stone would make my too far out list. Brighton not so on the train. W/town and points west by car yes.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
I think you are identifying the reality of why Williamstown is not in the same league as Blue Chip Armadale/Toorak/Malvern/Brighton

I grant you there has been a correction in the market over the past 18 months, but this does not take away the number of discerning buyers still needing accomodation.
I think you will find all blue chip suburbs have much lower clearance rates at auction and prices are not what they were but not wishing to have a prolonged debate about this. I have been referring to one specific street in Williamstown and not the suburb in general which is decidedly blue chip and in the top 10 streets in Melbourne pricewise FWIW.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It doesn't matter if it's a shack or a mansion, a property is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.