Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

University Fee's

University Fee's

Old Apr 15th 2012, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Idlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really nice
Default University Fee's

Hi everybody,

My son will be arriving here in August after finishing his A-levels in the UK with a view to going to University here in 2013; he will be arriving on a Child Visa off the back of my visa which will grant him Permanent Residence.

My query is this: he will not qualify for the HECS payment scheme as he will be a Perm. Resident, not a citizen. Do you have to pay the full seemster fee in one lump sum at the start of the semester, or can you organise a payment plan to pay it off during the semester?

We're just trying to get our heads around payment of the fees etc so we can be organised when its time!!

Any and all comments gratefully received.

Many Thanks
Old Apr 15th 2012, 10:49 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: University Fee's

Originally Posted by Idlewood
Hi everybody,

My son will be arriving here in August after finishing his A-levels in the UK with a view to going to University here in 2013; he will be arriving on a Child Visa off the back of my visa which will grant him Permanent Residence.

My query is this: he will not qualify for the HECS payment scheme as he will be a Perm. Resident, not a citizen. Do you have to pay the full seemster fee in one lump sum at the start of the semester, or can you organise a payment plan to pay it off during the semester?

We're just trying to get our heads around payment of the fees etc so we can be organised when its time!!

Any and all comments gratefully received.

Many Thanks
Fees are due each semester. You (he) will receive an invoice about 2-3 weeks into the study period and the full amount is due at that time.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Idlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really nice

Cheers for that Dorothy, thats what I expected it would be.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 2:03 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

Depending upon which state and course? He can also study degrees at TAFE e.g. in Melbourne, often cheaper than university.