University Fees

Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

mordechaivanunu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default University Fees

Hi

Can anyone give us an indication of the University fees in OZ. We are hoping to move out end 2007 to Brisbane area, and have 3 kids, so would be interested to get some info.

Cheers
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:30 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: University Fees

Originally Posted by mordechaivanunu
Hi

Can anyone give us an indication of the University fees in OZ. We are hoping to move out end 2007 to Brisbane area, and have 3 kids, so would be interested to get some info.

Cheers
They start at "bloody expensive" and go up rapidly from there.

Click here for a guide to Australian uni fees, and the government's deferred payment system (known as HECS).

Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: University Fees

National shortage subjects (education and nursing) are at the discretion of the uni - around $4000 a year for the uni I go to - thats just core subjects and then you pay extra for electives to top up your studies and get the correct amount of credits, so with books and materials / expenses etc, for me its around $7000 a year, for education.

From there, the top band is medicine / veterinary science / law etc which can be around $8500 just for the core subjects - then add the others on top! :scared:
Old Nov 9th 2006, 11:34 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

I also think that if you dont have an Aussie passport, you cannot get the HECS and have to prepay for the course up front.
Hope I am wrong but that is what I came accross

Andrew
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
I also think that if you dont have an Aussie passport, you cannot get the HECS and have to prepay for the course up front.
Hope I am wrong but that is what I came accross

Andrew
This is true - you have to be a aussie citizen or have a permanent humanitarian visa to be eligible for HECS.