Reload this Page >

Unit Underpinning

Unit Underpinning

Old Mar 11th 2011, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Mamoo will become famous soon enoughMamoo will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Unit Underpinning

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone can share information on underpinning.
just General Info and cost per bedroom.

I just want to hear your experience and get general idea of cost involved for underpinning.

Cheers..
Old Mar 11th 2011, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unit Underpinning

Originally Posted by Mamoo
Hi all,

I just want to hear your experience and get general idea of cost involved for underpinning.

Cheers..
Sounds like your grand plan is a bit of a disaster
Old Mar 11th 2011, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eddie007
Sounds like your grand plan is a bit of a disaster
Not really, i just realized today in inspection that there is a tree on one side of the berdroom which is causing one side of the wall the crack.. i spoke to couple of guys they said underpinning after removing the trees..
I got a quote of removing tree - no issues..
but underpinning might be required on the side where the tree has taken roots causing one side of the wall of one bed room to lift.. there is a elevation or crack between bricks of about 1 to 2 inch.. the wall looks very strong; inside no major damange..
My grand plan is to remove the tree first and level the floor.. then proceed with interiror - go with minimal inside and strong outside..
well now ur turn to reply with more info on underpinning and costs... tell me now.

thanks
Old Mar 11th 2011, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Get quotes for all work you cannot physically do yourself, written quotes, not just verbal estimates

Get professional advice

get the building structural report done before doing this...

seriously, if you dont have the knowledge and skills to do this yourself, or know a good project manager you may struggle..
Old Mar 12th 2011, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Get quotes for all work you cannot physically do yourself, written quotes, not just verbal estimates

Get professional advice

get the building structural report done before doing this...

seriously, if you dont have the knowledge and skills to do this yourself, or know a good project manager you may struggle..
Sure thanks.
I might have to get someone to the site for inspection and put a quote first. Get some quote on that.
I am bit amazed, this webiste for first time has disappointed me in 5 yrs.
Nobody has info on underpinning and cost estimates...

Where are those geeky expats who were saviors in the ocean of death
Old Mar 12th 2011, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sure thanks.
I might have to get someone to the site for inspection and put a quote first. Get some quote on that.
I am bit amazed, this webiste for first time has disappointed me in 5 yrs.
Nobody has info on underpinning and cost estimates...

Where are those geeky expats who were saviors in the ocean of death
Ummm... Perhaps your expectations are a little unrealistic...

Your request is a bit like saying I've found a car with some accident damage... How much will it cost to repair...

With no idea as to whether its a scratch a dint or a write off... No one is going to take you seriously
Old Mar 12th 2011, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Ummm... Perhaps your expectations are a little unrealistic...

Your request is a bit like saying I've found a car with some accident damage... How much will it cost to repair...

With no idea as to whether its a scratch a dint or a write off... No one is going to take you seriously
lol.. sorry mate i wanted to to hear experiences..
I am not looking in specifics. neither i am looking for quote.
I wanted to gain some knowledge and did not find any info on any particular thread, so i as well start a new thread and a opening for a convo about that matter. I know lot of builders and handy man are here and enjoy sharing their knowledge. I wanted to take opportunity to gain some knowledge about the technical subject which i am pretty lame.
Well what i can say...
Old Mar 12th 2011, 9:17 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Cheers..
Firstly are you insured for structural damage - if so involve insurance company

Secondly - you need to get a view from an engineer as to how bad it is and what will fix it

Thirdly - you will not get an estimate from this forum that means anything. Its like saying how much to build my house. It depends on how bad the problem is, where it is and what needs to be done to fix it

This is not a job for a handyperson - you need an engineer first and foremost

I have not got experience of this in Oz - but in the uk an underpinning job on one wall of my house caused by tree roots cost me £20k to put right - thankfully mostly paid by insurance

Get some professional advice - a couple of inches of movement is not good!

Scotty
Old Mar 12th 2011, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Mamoo, what did the pre-purchase property inspection report say?
Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

perth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to all

we have just had some underpinning done on a job. it cost $35k. depends on what is causing it and how bad it is