Im a real rugby fan (Union)
83.33%
Im a big girls blouse (League)
16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Union or League?

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:05 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Union or League?

Im a union man myself, and heading queensland way am hoping to convert a few League wussies.....

The game is soo much more flowing, none of this daft stopping when you get a good tackle in.

Pete - cauliflour ear lover - Y.

Last edited by PeteY; Sep 22nd 2003 at 7:29 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:13 pm
Badge

Default Re: Union or League?

Now come on man,

I've warned you about these blatent attempts at raising yopur post numbers. How am I supposed to catch up?

I prefer Rugy Union at international level. Which I vote for.
However the quality of the comp in NSW and QLD is such that I love league in Australia.

What I like is that you get to enjoy the sun and play - and you don't leave your boot in the mud when making a break..

badgers

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:14 pm
Badge

hoping to get a bit of league in if Mrs Badgers lets me - as wingers see more action in league it seems..

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:17 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

I hav'nt played since uni. Regularly used to get pulverised by the local tanks (read.....army boys from the barracks next to uni). Was great. We gave the navy team a good thrashing normally though, which made up for it.

I play wing too mate! Im a tad er....light on my feet, so i can get away quick. My problem though was that i never took much effort to bring down if they caught up lol

And posts......i WILL beat ya ! Muhahahahhaaha
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:26 pm
Badge

Originally posted by PeteY
I hav'nt played since uni. Regularly used to get pulverised by the local tanks (read.....army boys from the barracks next to uni). Was great. We gave the navy team a good thrashing normally though, which made up for it.

I play wing too mate! Im a tad er....light on my feet, so i can get away quick. My problem though was that i never took much effort to bring down if they caught up lol

And posts......i WILL beat ya ! Muhahahahhaaha
lol. Know what you mean, got clobbered once by a flanker on the blind side never saw him coming. Still have whip lash as a result. I used to do this side step jink as soon as I sensed them gaining behind on my shoulder!! used to be called Billy Whizz, those were the days eh. I was a right old Jase Robinson should have been a bloody ballet dancer.

Oops(!). More foot references.

badgers

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:44 pm
WBB

being welsh how could i even consider league to be a mans game.!!!!!

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:49 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Im a union man myself, and heading queensland way am hoping to convert a few League wussies.....

The game is soo much more flowing, none of this daft stopping when you get a good tackle in.

Great Poll!. Like Aussie Rules, Rugby league is stupid, no tactics, just a bunch of blokes running into each other. What a load of rubbish. Union is the game of champions, a real sport.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

weefi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Amazulu
Great Poll!. Like Aussie Rules, Rugby league is stupid, no tactics, just a bunch of blokes running into each other. What a load of rubbish. Union is the game of champions, a real sport.

Please don't dare to compare AFL to league

I'm a union girl and would recommend 2 hours of Aussie rules to anyone rather than that American Football-esque rubbish they call league

PS Brisbane Broncos are arrogant with their heads up their own a***s and a really bad advert for Brissy when you talk to them

Can you tell I'm not a league fan yet
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:36 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount
Now come on man,

I've warned you about these blatent attempts at raising yopur post numbers. How am I supposed to catch up?

I prefer Rugy Union at international level. Which I vote for.
However the quality of the comp in NSW and QLD is such that I love league in Australia.

What I like is that you get to enjoy the sun and play - and you don't leave your boot in the mud when making a break..

badgers

The Super 12 series is a good standard as well. As far as the league goes St George had a bad year.(I support them because the Mrs is from the area).

What has annoyed league fans is the battle of 2 leagues, the merging of the 2 leagues and the merging of clubs.

St George was merged with Wollongong(a 1 hours drive away) to satisfy the marketing men.

An equivalent in London would be merging Spurs and Chelsea to bring the premier league numbers down. There are a lot of people I speak to who used to go to the games regularly but now will only watch the grand final on TV. The paltry crowds at the games are the result.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:37 pm
Badge

whose your fav player, w?!

which team do you lke? AFL/league/rah rah?!

I support South Sydney (sentimental choice) - sad I know and Easts. (Roosters).

Got a few Warahtah tops. A kid on the train asked me if I played in the Super 12. I laughed so hard.

AFL - no real choice.

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:42 pm
Badge

Indeed Bondi pom.

The best bit about St. Geoge is their standoff, the guy that does a funny N*z* salute to assist his balance when he kicks for goal. Everyone imitates him in the crowd.

They also merged Manly-Warringah and North Sydney a while back. They then moved them to Gosford as the Northern Eagles - several name changes...

my boss used to play for N Sydney - even played for NSW in the late 60s.

Dropping South Sydney from the comp a few years back was a disgrace, one of the most widely supported clubs in Australia. They were great in the 70s. Shame about the strip.

badgers

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 10:20 pm
A Male Member

Originally posted by badgersmount
whose your fav player, w?!

which team do you lke? AFL/league/rah rah?!

I support South Sydney (sentimental choice) - sad I know and Easts. (Roosters).

Got a few Warahtah tops. A kid on the train asked me if I played in the Super 12. I laughed so hard.

AFL - no real choice.
As far as AFL goes im definatly a crows man. Don't really know enough about NRL to form an opinion
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

I've been having this argument on and off for about 15 years and even I''m bored with it. However, I have to say Rugby League by a country mile. Surprised to see such big support for the "kick and clap" brigade on a site where you're all off to Australia. Maybe there's too many home counties and Welshmen going over ?

To establish a bit of common ground though, I saw Jonathon Davies play RL dozens of times (including against the Kangaroos) and he was simply brilliant.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:46 am
tennisoz

Aussie Rules. Rugby Union is 'pushing a**s and kick and clap, Rugby League is a much better game.

TennisOz

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

Just to stir the pot a bit, this is the verdict on RL by ex Scotland full back, Alan Tait (who played for Leeds RL)

"To play Rugby League, you have to handle like a card-sharp, tackle like the clap of doom and run like the wind. Rugby League is anything but an easy option."

And I hope that Gorden Tallis is one of the Queensand RL wussies that you try to convert !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.