Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Uniform shops - Perth

Uniform shops - Perth

Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of
Question Uniform shops - Perth

My son starts his new school next week - and i need to get him the school uniform. The shop is in Wembley Downs so went along to get him kitted out. The shirts with logos are $20 so got a few, the hat with logo is $25 but then discussed the shorts. Found out they are $50 a pair - and with no logo. Lady called them fawn coloured - I would have said a warm beige. I normally buy 5 pairs to last the year but that's going to cost $250 (£110) for the shorts alone. Anyone know of other uniform shops either NOR or SOR.

Thanks

Galba
Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:53 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uniform shops - Perth

Originally Posted by galba
My son starts his new school next week - and i need to get him the school uniform. The shop is in Wembley Downs so went along to get him kitted out. The shirts with logos are $20 so got a few, the hat with logo is $25 but then discussed the shorts. Found out they are $50 a pair - and with no logo. Lady called them fawn coloured - I would have said a warm beige. I normally buy 5 pairs to last the year but that's going to cost $250 (£110) for the shorts alone. Anyone know of other uniform shops either NOR or SOR.

Thanks

Galba
You can buy the bottoms anywhere that sells them. My daughters skirts are burgandy and I can buy them at Target, Big W, K Mart etc. I have only ever seen Navy, Black, Royal Blue, Burgandy and Green though so you may struggle to get beige.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
You can buy the bottoms anywhere that sells them. My daughters skirts are burgandy and I can buy them at Target, Big W, K Mart etc. I have only ever seen Navy, Black, Royal Blue, Burgandy and Green though so you may struggle to get beige.
Thanks Northenbird - I've looked in all those schops and can't find beige.

Galba
Old Jan 17th 2008, 2:01 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Northenbird - I've looked in all those schops and can't find beige.

Galba
I wouldn't bother with 5 pairs to be honest. My daughter has 2 skirts for the summer. In the winter months I buy her 2 pairs of joggers. You may have to wash them more often but 2 pairs of shorts is easier to stomach than 5.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 2:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't bother with 5 pairs to be honest. My daughter has 2 skirts for the summer. In the winter months I buy her 2 pairs of joggers. You may have to wash them more often but 2 pairs of shorts is easier to stomach than 5.
I know they're girls but my two have never had more than one skirt and two tops a year. Maybe they are just abnormally clean, tidy and non sweaty. Shame it doesn't continue in their bedrooms but can't have everything
Old Jan 17th 2008, 2:26 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I know they're girls but my two have never had more than one skirt and two tops a year. Maybe they are just abnormally clean, tidy and non sweaty. Shame it doesn't continue in their bedrooms but can't have everything
My kids are sloppy eaters and Katie comes home with lunch down her shirt and skirt pretty much every day. I thank god things dry so quick here.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

My kids are sloppy eaters and Katie comes home with lunch down her shirt and skirt pretty much every day. I thank god things dry so quick here.
never mind the kids that sounds like me!!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2008, 2:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I blame the parents
Old Jan 17th 2008, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Both boys come home filthy every day - whether it's spilt yogurt or paint or pen marks - the shirt and shorts have to be washed every day. I could never cope with just the 2 pairs each as I am a crap housewife and with 4 kids under 7 the washing pile is enormous - but may have to if i can't find cheaper shorts

Galba
Old Jan 17th 2008, 3:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Both boys come home filthy every day - whether it's spilt yogurt or paint or pen marks - the shirt and shorts have to be washed every day. I could never cope with just the 2 pairs each as I am a crap housewife and with 4 kids under 7 the washing pile is enormous - but may have to if i can't find cheaper shorts

Galba
Have a word with the school and see if they have a second hand uniform section. Our uniform shop is part of the school and we take in good quality seconds and sell cheap. May be worth checking, if they're only going to wreck the stuff there seems little point in buying brand new even if you do find the stuff in Kmart. Boys shorts are probably a non starter though, too stuffed to sell on but it won't hurt to ask.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 3:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

I blame the parents
cheeky buggar!