uni fees

Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:36 pm
AJ100

AJ100 is on a distinguished road
Question uni fees

my daughter will be starting uni in perth next year,
as a permanent resident. will she be entitled to a commonwealth supported place.?

thanks andy
Old Oct 26th 2005, 10:27 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uni fees

Originally Posted by AJ100
as a permanent resident. will she be entitled to a commonwealth supported place.?

thanks andy

If she meets the requirements, yes. http://www.goingtouni.gov.au
However she will not be entitled to the fee discount/deferral schemes available to Australian citizens.

Also look at the website of the university she plans to attend.

The University of Western Australia is the best university in Perth, and the only one in WA that's part of the Group of Eight. http://www.go8.edu.au

Jeremy
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

thanks andy
Im sure she will be, my daughters friend goes to Uni here ,South west. she is PR. She gets 300 dollars a fortnight from centrelnk, i cant wait for my daughter to get PR it will save us a fortune. Denise
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:31 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
The University of Western Australia is the best university in Perth, and the only one in WA that's part of the Group of Eight. http://www.go8.edu.au
And I work there, so it's got to be good...
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
And I work there, so it's got to be good...
oh great, maybe you will be able to help me, my son and partner are coming over in Jan . he is going to Mt Lawley, i have to look for somewhere for them to live , dont know Perth really, they want to be somewhere nice but not too expensive, the dont want to be too fat away from campus, if i find some places can you advise me on them, Thanks, Denise
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:40 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
oh great, maybe you will be able to help me, my son and partner are coming over in Jan . he is going to Mt Lawley, i have to look for somewhere for them to live , dont know Perth really, they want to be somewhere nice but not too expensive, the dont want to be too fat away from campus, if i find some places can you advise me on them, Thanks, Denise
There's a lot of rentals close to the Uni in Nedlands.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:44 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

thanks andy
She will be entitled to *apply* for a commonwealth supported place BUT not entitled to one out of the box.
There are a certain number of these places. Obviously the students with the higher grades will be offered first. After all these places are filled there is an offer for full fee places. These usually come in a little less on the UAI but you pay full fees.

So , as a PR, can certainly apply for the commonwealth supported place but not certain of one.