Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unemployment on the rise again.

Unemployment on the rise again.

Old Aug 13th 2011, 2:40 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unemployment on the rise again.

No way, in the same way Australia is nothing like it was 10 years ago, it is MUCH more expensive now for a start. I don't really see the relevance though.

Originally Posted by northernbird View Post
Interesting. Do you think that it is the same UK as 10 years ago??
Old Aug 13th 2011, 2:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
Well United are still Champions... so some things never change.
... and Everton are still shite so you are probably correct in your assumption
Old Aug 13th 2011, 2:48 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955 View Post
No way, in the same way Australia is nothing like it was 10 years ago, it is MUCH more expensive now for a start. I don't really see the relevance though.
I didn't live here 10 years ago so I can't comment. It has changed in 6 years for sure. I hope the UK is not the holiday destination you remember.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 2:52 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

You hope it's NOT the holiday destination I remember ?

I hope the UK is not the holiday destination you remember.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 2:54 am
Gutter Gob!!

You hope it's NOT the holiday destination I remember ?
You enjoy your chocolate box existence. Not everyone lives that life so don't assume that your life is everyone else's life. It is becoming as tiresome as the Perth is boring assumption!
Old Aug 13th 2011, 2:55 am
Banned

I really have no idea what you are on about but that wouldn't be the first time. When have I ever said I assume everyones life is like mine ?

Last edited by chris955; Aug 13th 2011 at 3:40 am.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth View Post
No I don't but I've heard tales of people struggling to get work, in many different industries. I believe the real un(der)employment figure is much higher than stated, just like inflation.
I would agree.been here 5 years and work as a sub contractor in building industry. Seems to be less and less work out there every week
Old Aug 13th 2011, 3:42 am
Banned

This is exactly why I get cranky when I hear from someone who has never lived here telling prospective migrants the economy is booming and there are plenty of jobs. It simply isn't the case.

Originally Posted by raven View Post

I would agree.been here 5 years and work as a sub contractor in building industry. Seems to be less and less work out there every week
Old Aug 13th 2011, 3:44 am
Gutter Gob!!

This is exactly why I get cranky when I hear from someone who has never lived here telling prospective migrants the economy is booming and there are plenty of jobs. It simply isn't the case.
There you go again, that may be the case where you are but you cannot say the same about everywhere in Australia, the same way you generalise about the UK. You are in a little bubble. WA bucked the trend with unemployment going down this past period. Just because your little area of little England has low unemployment you assume the same is the case for the rest of the UK. Are you Grayling's apprentice?????
Old Aug 13th 2011, 3:46 am
Banned

You really are quite offensive aren't you
Old Aug 13th 2011, 3:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

You really are quite offensive aren't you
No more than you are
Old Aug 13th 2011, 3:49 am
Banned

I hadn't heard anything about that, it is devastating for an area that is so reliant on an industry.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/n...d/2257071.aspx

Looking like the third largest city in NSW is about to have its heart ripped out.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 3:50 am
Banned

My Dad's bigger than yours.

No more than you are
Old Aug 13th 2011, 3:51 am
Gutter Gob!!

My Dad's bigger than yours.
My Dad is lovely, he isn't big at all. He is a retired RAF/MOD employee who now spends most of his time on his 53ft canal boat. He wouldn't hurt a fly.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 5:35 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambi View Post
So, is there a difference between a troll telling everyone how good it is in Aus and not living here and someone else telling us how good it is in the UK but not living there?

Because the latter are not in short supply on here.

Made my day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.