British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Unemployment record high. Impact on work/migration visa! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/unemployment-record-high-impact-work-migration-visa-841080/)

dsugums Aug 16th 2014 12:35 am

Unemployment record high. Impact on work/migration visa!

This month's unemployment stats showed record high in the last 20 years :blink::blink:

A lot of chatter in the job market to slash all migration and work visa approvals until the situation improves.

Seems more work visa holders floating in Australia than the total unemployed locals (mostly skilled) at the moment.

Lets see how the politicians play it out with the people like Gina Reinhart, Andrew Mackenzie and Sam Walsh who is screaming for foreign workforce :unsure:

Even those graduating with medical and nursing degree can't get a job !

spouse of scouse Aug 16th 2014 10:20 am

Re: Unemployment record high. Impact on work/migration visa!

Originally Posted by dsugums (Post 11370716)
This month's unemployment stats showed record high in the last 20 years :blink::blink:

A lot of chatter in the job market to slash all migration and work visa approvals until the situation improves.

Seems more work visa holders floating in Australia than the total unemployed locals (mostly skilled) at the moment.

Lets see how the politicians play it out with the people like Gina Reinhart, Andrew Mackenzie and Sam Walsh who is screaming for foreign workforce :unsure:

Even those graduating with medical and nursing degree can't get a job !

Even in times of high unemployment, there will be some skills that Australia needs to 'import'. It's so important for people emigrating to research, research and research again the job market in their particular field before making the jump.

I don't believe that DIBP necessarily keep the SOL and CSOL lists bang up to date, in terms of the demand for a particular field. Since most of us wouldn't trust a government to tell us what's best for us - no matter what country we're in - the decision to emigrate, and all that goes with that, is to a great extent down to the individual and how well they've researched and prepared for the move.

Where do you get your info about there being more work visa holders unemployed than locals? I'm not necessarily doubting you, just interested in your source.

Amazulu Aug 16th 2014 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by dsugums (Post 11370716)

What a bizarre statement

Roy Hill (Rinehart) dropped their request for a large imported workforce ages ago when they realised that they could successfully recruit locally

It costs far more (with added red tape) to import labour than to recruit local workers

I personally believe that 457 imports should be largely done away with - PR or nothing except for a small minority

spouse of scouse Aug 16th 2014 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 11371140)
What a bizarre statement

Roy Hill (Rinehart) dropped their request for a large imported workforce ages ago when they realised that they could successfully recruit locally

It costs far more (with added red tape) to import labour than to recruit local workers

I personally believe that 457 imports should be largely done away with - PR or nothing except for a small minority

As far as complying with 457 conditions is concerned, I wouldn't trust Rinehart as far as I could kick her - and that's not very far.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

chris955 Aug 18th 2014 7:18 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 11371153)
As far as complying with 457 conditions is concerned, I wouldn't trust Rinehart as far as I could kick her - and that's not very far.

She is a disgusting excuse for a human and the rest of her family arent much better.

Amazulu Aug 18th 2014 7:27 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 11371153)

I like Rinehart for what she is doing for Australia, WA and her workforce (that she is not a nice person, mother, whatever - I couldn't give a shit)

Billions of people all over the world owe their jobs to the greed of a few - CF=0

Her company is employing thousands of Australians on very good wages, and the royalties and taxes that it will pay over the coming decades will provide prosperity for all

Rinehart and Forrest - 2 great Australians

chris955 Aug 18th 2014 8:18 am

:lol:

Amazulu Aug 18th 2014 8:51 am

Originally Posted by chris955 (Post 11372707)

Coward

Beoz Aug 18th 2014 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 11372746)
Coward

Mind if I ...... :)

chris955 Aug 18th 2014 9:17 am