Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unease in my gut

Unease in my gut

Old Jan 15th 2003, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

pickletheplacid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unease in my gut

I've got that feeling of unease in my gut.
I applied for a permanent residence visa last month (Skilled - Independent) but sent everything i.e. Medicals, police records, X-rays etc (I think it's called front loading your application.) Well as you can imagine I'm now faced with the possibility that all my hard work could start to expire. How likely do you think this is, are processing times really taking 50 weeks for everyone.
If they see the Medicals, X-rays before they expire will this be ok, or will they need to be in date by the time they send the acceptance letter.

Anyone no why it takes 50 weeks, I don't no if I can stay in this country that long anymore.
Uneventful weather
President Blair running the place into the ground.
Diabolical traffic.
Poor/ unhealthy standard of living
The dread of house prices falling.
£ weakening against the AUS $.

Sorry I'm having one of those days.

pickletheplacid
Old Jan 15th 2003, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The problem you may have is that if they take 50 weeks to process you will not have any time before you have to enter Oz, o.k if you can leave at very short notice.
There is a post on here from someone who applied April 2002, they have just got their visas but now need to enter before April 2003, because they front loaded.
It seems that they have processed it quickly though doesn't it ?
Old Jan 15th 2003, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

tipper is an unknown quantity at this point

Unease in my gut = youv'e got wind.

tipper.
Old Jan 15th 2003, 11:48 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unease in my gut

Originally posted by pickletheplacid
I've got that feeling of unease in my gut.
I applied for a permanent residence visa last month (Skilled - Independent) but sent everything i.e. Medicals, police records, X-rays etc (I think it's called front loading your application.) Well as you can imagine I'm now faced with the possibility that all my hard work could start to expire. How likely do you think this is, are processing times really taking 50 weeks for everyone.
If they see the Medicals, X-rays before they expire will this be ok, or will they need to be in date by the time they send the acceptance letter.

Anyone no why it takes 50 weeks, I don't no if I can stay in this country that long anymore.
Uneventful weather
President Blair running the place into the ground.
Diabolical traffic.
Poor/ unhealthy standard of living
The dread of house prices falling.
£ weakening against the AUS $.

Sorry I'm having one of those days.

pickletheplacid
Weak bastard wait until you do get it then you will have to pull yourself up , Australia is a far harder less caring country it helps no one , cannot make it the UK you have no chance here.Yet another Dreamer runing away to find whats not here, stop buying Tory rag newspapers you will feel a lot better.
The rubber Aussie dollar always drops back , still waiting for it to go back up to 2 to a pound some hope .

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jan 16th 2003 at 6:19 am.
Old Jan 16th 2003, 6:07 am
Magnetic Member

magnetman is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Weak bastard wait until you do get it then you will have to pull yourself up , Australia is far harder less caring country it helps no one , cannot make it the UK you have no chance here.Yet another Dreamer runing away to find whats not here, stop buying Tory rag newspapers you feel a lot better.
The rubber Aussie dollar always drops back , still waiting for it to go back up to 2 to a pound some hope .

poor pickletheplacid. 2 posts and already getting savaged by ol'PB......
Old Jan 16th 2003, 6:16 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by magnetman
poor pickletheplacid. 2 posts and already getting savaged by ol'PB......
Just giving a well founded bit of comfort the poor soul needs a gee up , glad to help out .

Old Jan 16th 2003, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

pickletheplacid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Weak bastard wait until you do get it then you will have to pull yourself up , Australia is a far harder less caring country it helps no one , cannot make it the UK you have no chance here.Yet another Dreamer runing away to find whats not here, stop buying Tory rag newspapers you will feel a lot better.

To pommie bastard.
Weak bastard - I'm an X Para, have a war medal, been shot at and have a war pension to show for it. Weak I think not, just fed up with the UK.

"Yet another Dreamer running away to find what's not here" -
Completely wrong statement pb, when I do get to Australia,
The weather will be nice enough to do enjoyable activities.
I will not be governed by a President Bush impersonator.
I will not have to pay congestion charges to sit in traffic all day.
The list goes on, I've done the research and spent the time making the decision, hence the reason me and everyone else to this site is moving to Australia/ NZ.

......... pommie bastard if you haven't got anything constructive to say, don't bother your little sweaty fingers to tap the keyboard.

Joe
Old Jan 16th 2003, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Red face as above

well said im x falklands so fu (P)roper (B)ull shitting cut and paste,dipstick. go back and live with the uk queue jumpers free loaders politically correct uk youlle get on fine. and i bet youre back in oz within a year.

tip.
Old Jan 16th 2003, 10:53 pm
Banned

Originally posted by pickletheplacid
To pommie bastard.
Weak bastard - I'm an X Para, have a war medal, been shot at and have a war pension to show for it. Weak I think not, just fed up with the UK.

"Yet another Dreamer running away to find what's not here" -
Completely wrong statement pb, when I do get to Australia,
The weather will be nice enough to do enjoyable activities.
I will not be governed by a President Bush impersonator.
I will not have to pay congestion charges to sit in traffic all day.
The list goes on, I've done the research and spent the time making the decision, hence the reason me and everyone else to this site is moving to Australia/ NZ.

......... pommie bastard if you haven't got anything constructive to say, don't bother your little sweaty fingers to tap the keyboard.

Joe
Well that sounds more like it, give you a few months of Pommie baiting in Australia before start using some of your skills , you whinge like a true Pom.
You will love little Johnny hes a pimple on Bushes arse full of rah rah but no standing on the world stage a want to be , he even arse licks to Blair.
Reading the posts on this forum most on here have no idea about Australia but good luck to you.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jan 17th 2003 at 1:32 am.
Old Jan 16th 2003, 10:59 pm
Banned

Default Re: as above

Originally posted by tipper
well said im x falklands so fu (P)roper (B)ull shitting cut and paste,dipstick. go back and live with the uk queue jumpers free loaders politically correct uk youlle get on fine. and i bet youre back in oz within a year.

tip.

Mr tipper Australia is full of free loaders and new emigrates from all over the world , lots of Muslims are now about Perth come to the land of muti-culturalism .
PC is is a way of life here too far more pressure groups , apart from bollocks what else comes out of your big mouth , and I say again whos that nice man holding you?

Old Jan 16th 2003, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

bollocks thats what you have between youre ears.

get a life get of the pc. you sad mother pucker.
Old Jan 17th 2003, 5:26 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default Re: as above

well said im x falklands

I was in Nam-Totten nam,does that count ?

And I've got a sister on the gas board,if you wanna meter

BB-God I'm getting to me reserve list now
Old Jan 20th 2003, 5:18 am
Banned

bollocks thats what you have between youre ears.

get a life get of the pc. you sad mother pucker.
Nothing sadder than an ex-service who can not fit into civvy street , my work involves the use of PCs but my life is empty of them would not give one house room.
By the look of you a swamp is the best place for you and the guy holding you looks a bit iffy too.

Old Jan 20th 2003, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

pb dont go giving to much info out because you wont take long to track down because im coming to perth so we will see if my size 12 fit into your losse mouth.
pc worker couldnt fight his way out of a paper bag type.
cant cut it in auss big time loser.

tip.
Old Jan 20th 2003, 3:35 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

pb dont go giving to much info out because you wont take long to track down because im coming to perth so we will see if my size 12 fit into your losse mouth.
pc worker couldnt fight his way out of a paper bag type.
cant cut it in auss big time loser.

tip.
That's more like it.No girly polls to evict him,let's just stomp on his mush

BB-all info I've given about me self is false

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.