Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unbelievable! I think we've done it!!

Unbelievable! I think we've done it!!

Old Jun 5th 2003, 7:16 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Talking Unbelievable! I think we've done it!!

I should not speak too soon but I can't keep quiet.

Tonight we accepted an offer on the house (lower than the asking price by £13,000 but still acceptable)
Buyer has nothing to sell and seems keen to leave the time frame to us.
I am hoping for an early exchange of contracts as (I think) that this will be the proof required by australia house that we will have the capital to cover the visa requirements.

I just need to know - when it is money - what do the australian government expect us to do with it. Put it in any bank account or does it HAVE to be SWAPPED into AUD and put in an australian bank account? The form just says "Have the money ready for transfer to australia"

If I am right the exchange contract - together with the proof of medical insurance in my hand in a month's time I will visit The Strand again and wait in turn - Yippee :PARTY:
Old Jun 5th 2003, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Unbelievable! I think we've done it!!

Excellent news!!! We had a viewing tonight, so fingers crossed!

Has hubby finished that garage yet ????

Best of luck, hope it all goes well.

Hazel & Wayne
Old Jun 5th 2003, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news guys,

Maybe things are starting to happen.

We have 2 viewings booked for this weekend so fingers crossed for us all

Sindy
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:19 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Thanks

Things come in threes so you should oth be lucky fingers crossed lol
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Good stuff, you deserve something positive at last. You're so helpful..
Mash

Originally posted by yafm
I should not speak too soon but I can't keep quiet.

Tonight we accepted an offer on the house (lower than the asking price by £13,000 but still acceptable)
Buyer has nothing to sell and seems keen to leave the time frame to us.
I am hoping for an early exchange of contracts as (I think) that this will be the proof required by australia house that we will have the capital to cover the visa requirements.

I just need to know - when it is money - what do the australian government expect us to do with it. Put it in any bank account or does it HAVE to be SWAPPED into AUD and put in an australian bank account? The form just says "Have the money ready for transfer to australia"

If I am right the exchange contract - together with the proof of medical insurance in my hand in a month's time I will visit The Strand again and wait in turn - Yippee :PARTY:
Old Jun 6th 2003, 7:08 am
too busy to work members

Dear Mash Thanks for your good wishes Today is going to be hectic have done shopping for week end. visitors this evening. going to solicitors 9am to start the legal details and then collecting both in-laws to take them to a residential home - they have wanted to get into for some time Long journey but it will make them happy (5* hotel type) Won't be back on web until late today (if then)
Old Jun 6th 2003, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Yvonne and Colin

Good news on the house front! you`ll be there before you know it.

footie chick
Old Jun 6th 2003, 8:20 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Yvonne and Colin. You must be delighted.

Here's hoping the rest of us weary house sellers are not far behind you!

Andy
Old Jun 6th 2003, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

oldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really nice

yvonne and colin
great news keep the ball rolling sorry can't answer your questions this is just a morale booster but I don't think you need one. You clever kids!!!!! Colin sometine when you're not too busy would love to have web address for 410s like us all but as said keep your peckers up! Thats not a rude thing to say now is it I hope not!!!!!
Cheers oldgit
Old Jun 6th 2003, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Well done guys that must such a load off your minds. All the best for the future
Old Jun 6th 2003, 11:37 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news.
We've got 2 viewings at the weekend too, everythings crossed!
Old Jun 6th 2003, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Yvonne,

Maybe luck does come in 3's! The people who viewed our house last night have put in an offer .... but 20k less than asking price! We have rejected, partly because we can't afford to accept that much lower but also because they have a house to sell that has just gone on the market too. Our agent has said she will tell them to renegotiate once they have an offer on their place!

Oh, I really hope it is the start of better luck - who knows maybe they'll up their offer!

Hazel
Old Jun 6th 2003, 4:26 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Pleased for you

Old Jun 6th 2003, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats great news

Best wishes to you

cheers
BooBoo
Old Jun 6th 2003, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by h garrett
Excellent news.
We've got 2 viewings at the weekend too, everythings crossed!

Ouch !!!!- aint that kinda painful, H ??

Uncle Tee

xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.