Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unbelievable!!!!

Unbelievable!!!!

Old Sep 20th 2008, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

trevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the rough
Default Unbelievable!!!!

I wouldn't believe this story if it hadn't happened actually to me this week...

We started doing the rounds, calling into recruitment agencies around the gold coast area and leaving our cv's. The first on the list was Kelly's in Southport. The girl on reception said that Candace, who dealt with Boilermakers, had just popped out but would pass the cv on when she got back. We called in to a cafe outside for a sarnie and a drink when the phone rang...Dee (OH) answered it, chatted for a minute, then said Candace was gonna pop down to see us (bloody good service thinks me!!)
2 mins and out of the door comes Candace.......I only went to school with her and used to drink with the same group of mates as her 20 years ago

SMALL BLOODY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway that's our first barbie invite sorted and we've now got our own personal agent to sort out work
Old Sep 20th 2008, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unbelievable!!!!

Originally Posted by trevamather
I wouldn't believe this story if it hadn't happened actually to me this week...

We started doing the rounds, calling into recruitment agencies around the gold coast area and leaving our cv's. The first on the list was Kelly's in Southport. The girl on reception said that Candace, who dealt with Boilermakers, had just popped out but would pass the cv on when she got back. We called in to a cafe outside for a sarnie and a drink when the phone rang...Dee (OH) answered it, chatted for a minute, then said Candace was gonna pop down to see us (bloody good service thinks me!!)
2 mins and out of the door comes Candace.......I only went to school with her and used to drink with the same group of mates as her 20 years ago

SMALL BLOODY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway that's our first barbie invite sorted and we've now got our own personal agent to sort out work

Wow, what an amazing coincidence! And great you have an agent on side because (a) generally they are pretty hopeless and (b) it's all about who you know in Aus. Brilliant start for you
Old Sep 20th 2008, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all
Default Re: Unbelievable!!!!

its a small world, i was at a golf club about 5ks out of southport to speak at a dinner i had only been in the country for 6mth when i went into the room half the men were from preston uk & i had worked with them in uk, it must be something about the area also met jimmy barnes at southport court but that was a few years ago. If you dont get any joy with your job hunt just ring companies direct seems to work gary