Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unaccompanied Personal Effects Statement

Unaccompanied Personal Effects Statement

Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Mr Nick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unaccompanied Personal Effects Statement

We are due to leave for Melbourne on 21st September and all our goods have now been shipped. I have just been sent a copy of an 'Unaccompanied Personal Effects Statement' to complete and wondered about how I go about filling in a couple of bits.

The form asks for 'address and telephone number of intended or actual Australian address'. At the moment, we don't have such details and are currently planning on just getting a short term holiday rental house whilst we search for a longer rental/purchase property. This being the case, depending on when the shipment arrives in Aus, I could be in any number of places and pretty much any address I give now could be useless. Also, holiday rentals generally don't have phones etc so I can't give out that number either. I will have my mobile (with UK number but still contactable) so I can be contacted wherever in the world I may be on any given day but an address is much harder to pin down.

Anybody else found themselves in a similar position and if so, what did you do when filling in the statement?

Thanks in advance.

Ooh yeah, the other bit...

Where it asks about goods less than 12 months old, I have a few bits and pieces (network audio players) that I bought here as they were less readily available in Aus. Has anybody been caught out by not declaring newish items? They are only worth about £200 but the seeming lack of AUS availability makes them much pricier so how should I deal with this?

Last edited by Mr Nick; Aug 29th 2007 at 3:04 pm.