Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unaccompanied Baggage...

Wikiposts

Unaccompanied Baggage...

Old Jun 14th 2004, 12:08 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Unaccompanied Baggage...

... no, this is not me going out for a night on the town without MarkMyWords

What I am asking is this:

A few years ago, I sent a large, heavy suitcase back from NZ to the UK as 'unaccompanied baggage' (via Jupiter Air Freight, I think). It cost about 40 quid, which seemed like a good deal.

Does anyone know if one can do this from the UK to Oz? And roughly how much it is?

(If it can be done, I have an evil plan to get my lovely MIL to send a couple of suitcases of clothes, manchester etc over, a couple of weeks after we've left).

TIA!

Anya.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 12:20 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unaccompanied Baggage...

Originally posted by anya4oz
... no, this is not me going out for a night on the town without MarkMyWords

What I am asking is this:

A few years ago, I sent a large, heavy suitcase back from NZ to the UK as 'unaccompanied baggage' (via Jupiter Air Freight, I think). It cost about 40 quid, which seemed like a good deal.

Does anyone know if one can do this from the UK to Oz? And roughly how much it is?

(If it can be done, I have an evil plan to get my lovely MIL to send a couple of suitcases of clothes, manchester etc over, a couple of weeks after we've left).

TIA!

Anya.

hehe....just under this post is an ad for unaccompanied baggage!
good old google advertising!

sue
Old Jun 14th 2004, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

http://www.excess-baggage.com/
Anya
You could try this one.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 12:53 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

We did it from Oz to UK when we came back in 2000. Two enormous backpacks, about 40kg all up. Cost $110 for excess baggage. We did ours at the airport with Qantas (who we were flying with). Just turned up at the freight depot prior to checking in, off-loaded the excess, paid the dosh then went to the terminal to check in. Easy.

YOu can definitely do it the other way as we have mates who shifted their 2 years of accumulated cr*p back to Oz with them last year. I think they used the Excess Baggage Company too.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 6:15 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Thanks everyone. I'll give Excess Baggage a call. If I get any useful cost quotations out of them, I'll post the figures.

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 6:34 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anya4oz
Thanks everyone. I'll give Excess Baggage a call. If I get any useful cost quotations out of them, I'll post the figures.

Cheers,
Anya.
The thread title reminds me of when we went to Amsterdam on a stag do a couple of years ago. The guys had all met up in the bar but some had got there before the check-in desk opened so still had their bags. As it was only a weekend, one of them (the most experienced traveller amongst us) decided he would just take it as hand luggage and went off to check in without it. When asked at the desk if he had left his luggage unattended, he replied
" No, it's in the bar".

PS You had to be there.