Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unable to have Broadband on GC:(

Unable to have Broadband on GC:(

Old Jul 31st 2006, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Unable to have Broadband on GC:(

I am in a really bad mood today as after waiting for two weeks for Bigpond to send my modem - I have now been informed hat I am unable to have Broadband because my local exchange is full!! I have previously tried AAPT and they were unable to offer me broadband either. I live in Varsity Lakes which is supposed to be the 'New' CBD for the GC - LOL

I am also unable to have wireless or cable. Anyone had this problem?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 2:08 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Unable to have Broadband on GC:(

When we signed up (also with Bigpond) our exchange was also full, but it just meant we had to wait about a month while they extended it somehow. Have they given you any indication that they may be doing this or have they just said no not ever?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by banjo
When we signed up (also with Bigpond) our exchange was also full, but it just meant we had to wait about a month while they extended it somehow. Have they given you any indication that they may be doing this or have they just said no not ever?
Hi Banjo
they just ask if I wanted to go on an expression of interest list - they did not mention anything about extending. I might try to open up an account using my business name and see is this helps.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

If you really need an alternative....

www.airwebconnect.com.au