UKNova

Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all
Default UKNova

Hi All,

I've seen quite a few posts on here about the site UKNova (for downloading current UK TV)
I was wondering whether this is a legal service...?
I joined up today after reading about it on here...OH has just found out, and is not happy...he says it is illegal
Does anyone know?
Tanya
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:51 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UKNova

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hi All,

I've seen quite a few posts on here about the site UKNova (for downloading current UK TV)
I was wondering whether this is a legal service...?
I joined up today after reading about it on here...OH has just found out, and is not happy...he says it is illegal
Does anyone know?
Tanya
Illegal schmeigel. Well, I think "technically" it's illegal.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by renth
Illegal schmeigel. Well, I think "technically" it's illegal.
Ugh....Thanks for that..I'll have to get my account deleted some how..
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Ugh....Thanks for that..I'll have to get my account deleted some how..
Why?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I think it is illegal. I still use it though.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Just a personal preference, I like to stay on the straight and narrow!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:59 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I used to tape the top 40 off the radio and they never caught me!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:14 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Hi,

I`ve been a member of UK Nova for over a year now. It`s a lifesaver. I`ve promoted it a few times on the forum in the past.

Firstly, it`s NOT illegal. The people in control of UK Nova go to great lengths to make sure that they are not infringing on any copyright... that`s why they:
- don`t allow any material which is available on dvd or vhs (or ever has been).
- don`t allow any material captured from premium commercial channels (like SKY).

UK Nova have people in the UK who capture requested programs and upload them for anyone who a) missed that program and b) can`t get the program in the first place. Put it this way, the most popular program is Eastenders. It`s about 2 years ahead of what they show in Aus, (if you have Foxtel).

All you need is:
- become a member of UK Nova . This may take time, as they have 'X' amounts of memberships. They cull every few days any inactive members, so just keep trying.
- have a decent ADSL connection. Stay away from Telstra (bigpond) and Optus for starters... they rip you off. I`d recommend someone like Exetel. I pay $45 per month for about 40gb of downloads. If I go over that limit I pay $3 per GB (compare THAT with Telstra.. that`s how they rip you off). Do some research first though by going to Whirlpool.net and using the Broadband Choice Tool . Then check out the forums and see what others say about any isp you`re interested in.
- download and install a bit-torrent client like U-Torrent .
- Enjoy downloading Eastenders/Horizon/MOTD/Skint/etc etc etc.

For further viewing pleasure, buy a divx playing dvd player. You can get them from $30 each (plus postage) on ebay. Then you just burn your downloaded programs onto a dvd (as data... no conversions necessary), and whack it in your avi/divx/dvd player... alot better than watching it on the tv. If you don`t have a dvd burner in your pc, they`re only about $60 (get Liteon... very good).

For the extreme, buy an avi/divx/dvd/mp3 player and tft screen (or 2) for your car, for those long drives You`ll probably need to get a Delica for that true cinema on wheels experience (like I have ).

Anyway, the point is UK Nova is about as legal as it can get for UK tv. It`s been up for years, everyone knows about it and it hasn`t been in any trouble.