Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finance: Investment: Any idea?

Finance: Investment: Any idea?

Old Jul 16th 2005, 9:18 am
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Question Finance: Investment: Any idea?

Hello Folks,
I raise my hand to call some Stock Brokers and free lancer in Stocks who trade by themselves.
I am looking not for people but to understand and know how to go about Stock Exchange here in Australia.
I have been involved in Stocks but I am just a layman in Australia. Still picking up hints and information from Newspapers.
Can anyone let me know:
1. Who is the best and reliable brokers (Depository Partisipant where I can keep my Dmat Shares in safe) with less brokerage.
2. Some inforamtion on their Short-sell, delivery and settlement trades rates.
3. How derivaties work here and on what can you trade on.

any chart of comparision will be really useful.
Any stupid suggestion or idea is also appreciate
So please share your experienc and knowledge...
thanks a lot in Advance...
Old Jul 16th 2005, 9:32 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Finance: Investment: Any idea?

Originally Posted by pandya_m
Hello Folks,
I raise my hand to call some Stock Brokers and free lancer in Stocks who trade by themselves.
I am looking not for people but to understand and know how to go about Stock Exchange here in Australia.
I have been involved in Stocks but I am just a layman in Australia. Still picking up hints and information from Newspapers.
Can anyone let me know:
1. Who is the best and reliable brokers (Depository Partisipant where I can keep my Dmat Shares in safe) with less brokerage.
2. Some inforamtion on their Short-sell, delivery and settlement trades rates.
3. How derivaties work here and on what can you trade on.

any chart of comparision will be really useful.
Any stupid suggestion or idea is also appreciate
thanks a lot in Advance...
The Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) web site will explain almost all in elaborate detail.

Otherwise look at the Sydney Futures Exchange - a tiny exchange.

Suggest starting with the presumption that >1500 of the ~1600 companies who's stock is traded on the ASX are publicly listed companies because no one in their right mind would own them privately.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 9:59 am

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Question Re: Finance: Investment: Any idea?

Originally Posted by Megalania
The Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) web site will explain almost all in elaborate detail.

Suggest starting with the presumption that >1500 of the ~1600 companies who's stock is traded on the ASX are publicly listed companies because no one in their right mind would own them privately.
ASX = Extensive information... Thanks Megalania.
I do know many companies where the promoters do hold up upto 70% rest 30% is given to foreign Instution, Foreign Investor, Govt and Public in some ration.
btw whos goona leave the Hen who lays Golden hen, but surely disinvesting small porting will help to build brand equity, release some funds to invest somewhere and advertise ofcourse...
Thank for the info.
Any suggestion about brokers or banks that takes cheaper brokerage and depository participant?
Old Jul 16th 2005, 10:27 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

ASX = Extensive information... Thanks Megalania.
I do know many companies where the promoters do hold up upto 70% rest 30% is given to foreign Instution, Foreign Investor, Govt and Public in some ration.
btw whos goona leave the Hen who lays Golden hen, but surely disinvesting small porting will help to build brand equity, release some funds to invest somewhere and advertise ofcourse...
Thank for the info.
Any suggestion about brokers or banks that takes cheaper brokerage and depository participant?
The Commonwealth Bank own CommSec and are good enough for most trades.

Options trading in Aus exists but is fairly pathetic - small volumes and wide difference between the historic volatility and implied volatility - not enough competition between options writers (sellers) to supply options buyers with fair pricing of risk - good if you want to write options.

Can't recall last time I saw paper certificates - all done electronically these days: CHESS.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 10:40 am

Smile Re: Finance: Investment: Any idea?

Originally Posted by Megalania
The Commonwealth Bank own CommSec and are good enough for most trades.

Options trading in Aus exists but is fairly pathetic - small volumes and wide difference between the historic volatility and implied volatility - not enough competition between options writers (sellers) to supply options buyers with fair pricing of risk - good if you want to write options.

Can't recall last time I saw paper certificates - all done electronically these days: CHESS.
I need to look at HSBC, since I have saving have account with them.
I have registered for online course: http://www.asx.com.au/investor/educa...ses/online.htm
I will also look at CHESS and I will raise question to the forum if I have.
Thanks for those links. Appreciate it.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:57 am

bump...