UK Videos

Old Jul 28th 2003, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

scallywag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Videos

Can anyone tell me if Uk video players work in Australia.

Thanks
Old Jul 28th 2003, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup,

PAL Videos work as does Sony Play Stations 2, but DVD bought here in the UK do not? I have already watched my copy of Braveheart on an Ozzie video!

Ken
Melbourne ASAP
Old Jul 28th 2003, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

DVD's should work if played on a multi-region DVD player. If you have a single region player there are hacks available to convert them, usually by pressing a sequence of keys on the remote control. See Multi-Region Hacks for Domestic DVD Players

Worked on mine!

Ben
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ben.M
DVD's should work if played on a multi-region DVD player. If you have a single region player there are hacks available to convert them, usually by pressing a sequence of keys on the remote control. See Multi-Region Hacks for Domestic DVD Players

Worked on mine!

Ben
Good to know this works, I posted this link some time ago but I think people were a bit wary of it, and I haven't tried it. Think someone else said it worked for them though...

Gra..
Old Jul 28th 2003, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

They have the same problem that TV have, the sound down here is broadcast differently and so you cannot use most of them for recording from the TV. You can use them to play pre recorded videos from the UK or here into a UK TV or Ozzie TV.

Lots of threads with technical explanation of this problem.