UK v Aus

Old Mar 28th 2003, 12:50 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Most Aussies drink to excess its a major part of their lifestyle and does not sit on greasy food that well though so Beer + BBQ = vomit , great day out for an Aussie is scull a beer followed by a shooter 30 minutes later throw up , repeat until money runs out.

Shit for brains, sounds more like a highly detailed list of your daily "activities" and that of the few Aussies of your ilk whose depth of approval runs to building up enough pressure to projectile vomiting on you.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 1:08 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Shit for brains, sounds more like a highly detailed list of your daily "activities" and that of the few Aussies of your ilk whose depth of approval runs to building up enough pressure to projectile vomiting on you.

Will I get a call up to the front line as thats the only weapon the Aussies have to use , only an Aussie on a worthless peice of paper not by birth.
Does it not concern you a blow in like me can buy into your great country for $120 , I got to say an oath in front of a picture of Betty and had some drink ( not $120 worth) and snack food .
The crook that is the Mayor of Joondalup '' Bomback I take a kick back" gave a great speech not and it went down hill from there an event to forget.
Will never admit to it back in the UK or here it was a day shame , Brit first and last.
PS seen lots of Aussie born lads get arsed out of this company but not this pet Pom

Last edited by pommie bastard; Mar 28th 2003 at 1:20 am.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 1:14 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

...a blow in like me can buy into your great country for $120 ...:
Why do it then...???? Why not stay a pom and stay home...or is this a revelation...a rebirth...a new you???
Old Mar 28th 2003, 1:19 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Florida_03
Why do it then...???? Why not stay a pom and stay home...or is this a revelation...a rebirth...a new you???
We had concerns about getting a holiday visa to come back to visit friends some of which are Aussie who cannot afford to travel .
The guys at Australia house think ex PR visa stiffs will try and creap back in if the PR visa has run out and do not like to give out holiday visas to them.
But my street cred has been delt a blow the few that know in the OB are giving me flack , friendly fire?

Old Mar 28th 2003, 1:58 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

We had concerns about getting a holiday visa to come back to visit friends some of which are Aussie who cannot afford to travel .
The guys at Australia house think ex PR visa stiffs will try and creap back in if the PR visa has run out and do not like to give out holiday visas to them.
But my street cred has been delt a blow the few that know in the OB are giving me flack , friendly fire?

Your projectile vomit friends who spend all their dosh loading up ready for you?

Thank the quantum fluctuation that the Aussies in London House are keeping a tight leash on the Locally Engaged Staff or we'd be floating in Poms vomitted by Blighty.

The only friendly fire will be your rapid ejection out the Arse End of Australia.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Your projectile vomit friends who spend all their dosh loading up ready for you?

Thank the quantum fluctuation that the Aussies in London House are keeping a tight leash on the Locally Engaged Staff or we'd be floating in Poms vomitted by Blighty.

The only friendly fire will be your rapid ejection out the Arse End of Australia.
Yet another delightful (NOT) post from the brain-dead Aussie Moron. Let`s get this thread back on track now:

UK v OZ - I reckon you can`t just say "UK is good because...." and "Aus is good because...." IT`S ALL A TRADE OFF. You`re trading bad weather (UK) for "nice" weather (Oz - please note the inverted commas there - "nice" is not 100% humidity and 35deg. in the shade!). You`re trading family and life-long friends for the chance to sit around having BBQs with "acquaintances", and there`s more, but no doubt megamouth will shoot me down as it is...

It`s all a question of personal preference - no one REALLY knows what it`ll be like on the other side of the world until they try it. I have, and it`s not for me. For others, they will be eternally thankful that they moved. Each to his own.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 2:13 am
Banned

Originally posted by pommiesheila
Yet another delightful (NOT) post from the brain-dead Aussie Moron. Let`s get this thread back on track now:

UK v OZ - I reckon you can`t just say "UK is good because...." and "Aus is good because...." IT`S ALL A TRADE OFF. You`re trading bad weather (UK) for "nice" weather (Oz - please note the inverted commas there - "nice" is not 100% humidity and 35deg. in the shade!). You`re trading family and life-long friends for the chance to sit around having BBQs with "acquaintances", and there`s more, but no doubt megamouth will shoot me down as it is...

It`s all a question of personal preference - no one REALLY knows what it`ll be like on the other side of the world until they try it. I have, and it`s not for me. For others, they will be eternally thankful that they moved. Each to his own.
No shoot 'em up on this - but I still have great difficulty understanding that, with all that has been published in the UK about Aus over the last 200 years, that there are so many ill prepared dreamers - my fault I admit.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 2:15 am
Banned

Bit of a puzzle to me why this great country needs us Poms at all , given the view of some that the education system in Australia is so good plus Australians are such a fine people .
I do wonder why employers welcome Poms with a look of glee and drag them in of off the streets with tales of great careers to be had in their new country.
Could it be a case of there is no local people up to the standard of the in coming Poms who excel at most things?

Old Mar 28th 2003, 2:27 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bit of a puzzle to me why this great country needs us Poms at all , given the view of some that the education system in Australia is so good plus Australians are such a fine people .
I do wonder why employers welcome Poms with a look of glee and drag them in of off the streets with tales of great careers to be had in their new country.
Could it be a case of there is no local people up to the standard of the in coming Poms who excel at most things?

Ignoring the new world order...if there is to be one...leaves us with the fact that there is true globalisation of business. This will leave some countries as backwaters and others as economic giants.

It has happened and is reaching it's final form. Australia has come out badly and is a "dig it out of the ground" or "grow it" nation. I thank Mensies for this short-sighted global-economy gift. The UK certainly does more R&D and innovation.

The upshot is that Australia's employment will be largely based on service industries to support the "diggers" and "growers". If you are in this category then it can be rosy. If not you need to look elsewhere. This is a direct result of globalisation.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 3:15 am
Banned

Originally posted by Florida_03
Ignoring the new world order...if there is to be one...leaves us with the fact that there is true globalisation of business. This will leave some countries as backwaters and others as economic giants.

It has happened and is reaching it's final form. Australia has come out badly and is a "dig it out of the ground" or "grow it" nation. I thank Mensies for this short-sighted global-economy gift. The UK certainly does more R&D and innovation.

The upshot is that Australia's employment will be largely based on service industries to support the "diggers" and "growers". If you are in this category then it can be rosy. If not you need to look elsewhere. This is a direct result of globalisation.

A very fair summing up of Australia and its outlook most would say its promise lays in the hands of the service providers , hole diggers and food growers this makes it a second world economy or what is known as a primary producer.
The hole digging is tied up by muti-nationals a living can be made by at a cost to lifestyle , service industries are cut throat but some have made great wealth out of small ventures .
Australia can grow nearly any crop you can mention and takes all the sea can offer , those who require a better lifestyle should look towards this way of life , you could buy a vinery or trawl the sea for cray fish , these are the things that Australia has to offer those with ambition .
So what type of people does it get Hairdressers , Brickies , hungry IT guys and the like all of use but not of any great use to this country.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Mar 28th 2003 at 3:35 am.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 4:20 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: UK v Aus

Originally posted by pickletheplacid
Saturday evening
UK
Smoky pub sprawl - sweaty flu nightclub - suspicious chicken curry - cold slumber walk home.

Aus
Sunset beach bbq - midnight ocean swim - drunken fishing spree -dawn bathed walk home.

Sunday
UK
Sleep till 10am - fry up/ watch TV till 2pm - watch the rain pour down till 3pm - visit corner shop, stuff face full of chocolate till 4pm - start on some cheap French table wine till bed.

Aus
Wake up at 8am - tropical fruit/ get organized for the beach till 9am - sunbath, sail, swim, fish till 4pm - bbq till 8pm - finish off fruity Australian Chardonnay till bed.

Anyone on the same wave length as me with this.

pickletheplacid
Can I bring my video camera when you take your midnight dip when drunk?, I may be able to sell the pics to Vic Hislop! – You sound as if you haven’t much sense, Don’t you know that here has already been two people taken by sharks here in last couple of months (Gold coast canals) basically doing what you have suggested. One a young man ( Beau Martin, aged 23) after a few drinks – decided to go for swim in the night (Miami lake – Gold coast) – he was attacked and killed by a shark.

I fish for sharks every summer here, Bullsharks mostly – and I can tell you the times which I fish for them – Night and very early morning (dawn). You haven’t a clue have you? Each year there are also dozy g*ts pulled from the ocean dead , tourists mostly, and Brit's like you – having a midnight drunken swim like you – they get caught up in rips. I would highly recommend that you do not swim in the night here on any beaches in the summer. (I have a few pic’s if you are interested of the sharks which I catch in the night , land based as well).

Your statement of what you do in the Uk and what you want to do here – there’s not much difference between the two, are you going to sing “Here we go, here we go, here we go� ? -

And as for you can’t do anything on the weekend in the UK because It's raining – get real! do you melt if you go out in the rain or something? The rain has never stopped me doing anything in the UK, going to the beach, fishing, taking walks in the countryside. Have you heard of a mac, and boots and warm clothing?

your statement - "Anyone on the same wave length as me with this" .................... I really hope not, you have no clue, do that and they will be pulling your body from the ocean. Drunk or sober - taking a midnight swim in the oceans is really not to be done.

cheers

P.s - this does not only apply to Aus, where I come from in the Wales - on one of the beaches there - if you know Gower at all - the island Burry holmes, and worms head is another one- stupid tourists are always getting into trouble. Years ago, my partner and I was coming off Burry Homles - the tide comes in making it Island - when it starts to flow it - what looks shallow is deep, and there's a huge current in one place,, locals know where it is - anyway, this English family on holdays with a young child on their shoulders, left coming off the Island too late - decided to wade through through the ripping tide, did not know the place, the route - got stuck in the middle with this young child crying on the fathers shoulder - My partner had to wade in fully dressed (it was winter as well - icy cold) and rescue these stupid sods! show them the route out - hell of a rip in one part, completely dangerous.

You may be a perfectly nice person and not a drunken yobbo - but please don't be so stupid as swim in the ocean at night here in Aus, there's always tourists being drowned doing this type of thing.

People who normally do this - are people who have no respect for the sea, or don't really know the dangers until too late
Cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Mar 28th 2003 at 8:11 am.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 4:47 am
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK v Aus

Originally posted by pickletheplacid
Saturday evening
UK
Smoky pub sprawl - sweaty flu nightclub - suspicious chicken curry - cold slumber walk home.

Aus
Sunset beach bbq - midnight ocean swim - drunken fishing spree -dawn bathed walk home.

Sunday
UK
Sleep till 10am - fry up/ watch TV till 2pm - watch the rain pour down till 3pm - visit corner shop, stuff face full of chocolate till 4pm - start on some cheap French table wine till bed.

Aus
Wake up at 8am - tropical fruit/ get organized for the beach till 9am - sunbath, sail, swim, fish till 4pm - bbq till 8pm - finish off fruity Australian Chardonnay till bed.

Anyone on the same wave length as me with this.

pickletheplacid

Never been to Oz so can't make a direct comparison, but this i love to do when I'm in the UK...

go down the pubs with me mates...nowhere, and i mean nowhere has pubs quite like the UK...whether you want to go out boozing, or sit in the corner reading a newspaper, sit and relax after working, or have a few drinks after a walk in the country, you'll find a pub for you...
go out walking on the Malvern hills, rain or no rain...gorgeous countryside, rolling hills, trees lakes, country houses, views over towards wales...beautiful...
take a trip to london to visit the finest art galleries in the world...the new tate modern is stunning, but whatever you taste in art/culture theres something there....absolutely the best city in the world in that regard...
spend a weekend in Edinburgh...is there a more beautiful dramatic city in the world...I sincerely doubt it...
spending time the folks....until you're abroad you absolutely cannot appreciate how good that is...
get tickets for the match....see your team get stuffed!...
go down to the brecon beacons for a bit of mountain biking....priceless...
see some of the family on the edge of the yorkshire moors...spend some time hanging out there....
lots more things i love to do when I'm there...can't wait to move back!!!
Old Mar 28th 2003, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

PB Quote.....You are not the first new immigrant to praise Aussie schools most kids who come from the UK are a couple of years ahead of the local kids .

Actually we were told when we got here that our kids were far behind in their reading whereas back in the UK my 6 year old daughter was supposed to be 6 months ahead of her class in the UK!

PB Quote...They love a 60s approach here personal development is the by word , having seen the product of this great idea I understand why given high unemployment here they need skilled immigration.

Maybe so in Perth but I have no complaints here.

PB Quote...If you think a 5 year old skipping to school is what education is all about good luck .

At least I know he is happy to go to school and in that frame of mind will be willing to learn something.

PB Quote...PS A friend went to a local school here asking why his child was failing in maths and most other subjects and was told by the head master who needs Maths.
His lad had also bullied other kids and was sent home often which he greatly enjoyed.

Remind me never to move to Perth! But then all areas have bad schools, I guess we were lucky to find a good one.

Mandy
Old Mar 28th 2003, 5:58 am
Banned

Originally posted by Mandy Bale
PB Quote.....You are not the first new immigrant to praise Aussie schools most kids who come from the UK are a couple of years ahead of the local kids .

Actually we were told when we got here that our kids were far behind in their reading whereas back in the UK my 6 year old daughter was supposed to be 6 months ahead of her class in the UK!

PB Quote...They love a 60s approach here personal development is the by word , having seen the product of this great idea I understand why given high unemployment here they need skilled immigration.

Maybe so in Perth but I have no complaints here.

PB Quote...If you think a 5 year old skipping to school is what education is all about good luck .

At least I know he is happy to go to school and in that frame of mind will be willing to learn something.

PB Quote...PS A friend went to a local school here asking why his child was failing in maths and most other subjects and was told by the head master who needs Maths.
His lad had also bullied other kids and was sent home often which he greatly enjoyed.

Remind me never to move to Perth! But then all areas have bad schools, I guess we were lucky to find a good one.

Mandy

I do not disagree schooling varies everywhere including the UK , but having come back on most of my post you left out an answer to the quote

"having seen the product of this great idea I understand why given high unemployment here they need skilled immigration."

The UK does not cry out for skilled immigration in most areas as does Australia and its unemployment is only 1% less than Australia , youth unemployment a lot less .
After the great education given here why import people to do jobs that locals should fill? and in a lot of cases employers here prefer Poms.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Mar 28th 2003 at 6:34 am.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Time and time again we hear all about the immigrants desire to get to the beach, sunbake, bbq. Great, but how many hours a week do you think that will fill?

I bet after 6 months the beach is of little interest, maybe once a month. Pommie sheilas description of the effort required to even attack the beach with small kids is 100% accurate. Basically its half an hour on the beach before they burn, half an hour to pack to get there, and a good hour to clean up all the mess, most mums just look at it as a load of bloody work.

In the Uk I would spend 2 weeks in Spain or something, probably spent more time on the beach then, than I do now.

As for swimming in the dark, drunk you must be nuts...

Plus the beaches are usually packed, most are only safe to swim between the patrolled area, 80klm of beach may provide half a dozen areas of 100metres of so safe enough to swim in. Only the English and Japs swim outside of the flags and dont the papers love it "Pommie Tourist drowns" seen that headline too many times.

Some of the perceptions of life here are way way off reality. No wonder people end up bored when they realise the beach dream is gonna fill little of your time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.