Reload this Page >

UK TV Set in Aus get this on ebay to sort

Wikiposts

UK TV Set in Aus get this on ebay to sort

Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:33 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK TV Set in Aus get this on ebay to sort

Hi

Ebay.com.au presently has quite a few new ' supernet 80g hdd ' set top boxs on auction.

They are tending to go for around $200 plus $35 postage. Same box in WOW costs $399 and it will solve your pick up Aus TV on British Set problems whilst giving you a 80g hard drive to record on at the same time... .

Can get plain set box no hard drive cheaper about $50 still half price of main electric places.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV Set in Aus get this on ebay to sort

Originally Posted by annqldau
Hi

Ebay.com.au presently has quite a few new ' supernet 80g hdd ' set top boxs on auction.

They are tending to go for around $200 plus $35 postage. Same box in WOW costs $399 and it will solve your pick up Aus TV on British Set problems whilst giving you a 80g hard drive to record on at the same time... .

Can get plain set box no hard drive cheaper about $50 still half price of main electric places.

Safeway of all places are doing SD set top boxes for 79 bucks, so you can pick up one whilst your doing your grocery shopping.

BTW ann good tip, those philips tuners are as good as they get.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 19th 2006 at 7:51 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Safeway of all places are doing SD set top boxes for 79 bucks, so you can pick up one whilst your doing your grocery shopping.

Question fella...
What are the chances of getting Sky Sports in Oz?
Will I need a big dish?
Is it possible full stop?

Andy
Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:28 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andicee
Question fella...
Will I need a big dish?

Andy

andy i see your a fellow sparkie
welcome to the mad house

regards steve
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andicee
Question fella...
Will I need a big dish?

Andy

You can get foxtel sports 1 and 2, and foxtel carries the same Premier league games as Sky, If that is what you are after.

Skysports Isn't receivable as a "complete" package on Satellite, although I believe you can get it through a connection on your computer.

Elements of the Sky package are broadcast to different TV Broadcasters all over the world, you can receive any of these with one of those big dishes and one of those German dream boxes, but it's a hell of a lot of mucking around, Plus it would cost at least 8,000 dollars to set up.

Is there any particular part of sky that you are interested in that isn't broadcast on foxtel ? Heres the channel guide.

http://www.foxtel.TV/TV Guide.aspx
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:41 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

You can get foxtel sports 1 and 2, and foxtel carries the same Premier league games as Sky, If that is what you are after.

Skysports Isn't receivable as a "complete" package on Satellite, although I believe you can get it through a connection on your computer.

Elements of the Sky package are broadcast to different TV Broadcasters all over the world, you can receive any of these with one of those big dishes and one of those German dream boxes, but it's a hell of a lot of mucking around, Plus it would cost at least 8,000 dollars to set up.

Is there any particular part of sky that you are interested in that isn't broadcast on foxtel ? Heres the channel guide.

I think the only thing I/we miss by not having Sky is Sky News.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:52 pm

We don't have safeway so can't get that one and we priced bog standard at Harvey Normans, Betta Electrics, Wow etc and all $99 up over... if you paid the full price for the 80g hard drive you may as well have bought tv.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve`o
andy i see your a fellow sparkie
welcome to the mad house

regards steve
Cheers geez. Just waiting for references from employers so I can send my TRA stuff off. Lurrrved your post 'Electricians of the world unite'. Quality mate.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

As long as I get to see the mighty Gooners I'm happy. Not so happy with their performance today mind you

Foxtel is the baby tho. Showed the Arsenal game today. Going to miss Soccer AM tho. I'll just have to go to the beach instead
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:55 pm

Well i've coughed up for it so now just have to wait for it to come, will let those of you waiting for UK tv's and with ones that don't work the outcome.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

No problem ,hook up a video recorder,or a DVD recorder or a set top box to the set,they all have oz tuners in them.The oz system is the same as the german system.VCR $100,DVD recorder $200,STB $70 up.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 7:50 am

Talking Re: UK TV Set in Aus get this on ebay to sort

Yep, we have the dvd recorder working to do just that already but sick of missing beginning and ends of things when it switches channels to tape something we have set or not being able to record the other side. When we want two things have to rush and watch computer.

Anyone in UK should make sure to bring all their old video recorders and set top boxes if bringing TV so they can find out which one picks up. Our DVD recorder was a UK one and picks up fine when TV won't.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:14 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Have you swapped your ebay registration over to Oz Ann, or did you have to register again?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Have you swapped your ebay registration over to Oz Ann, or did you have to register again?
Had to register again over here as got too bloody complicated. Ebay and Paypal would let me pay from Aus but then wanted to send the gear to UK wouldn't let me change my address to Australia despite several repeated emails explaining don't have Aus credit card etc. etc..

Missed out on REX THE RUNT dvd, gutted I was...LOL.

So now up and running in Aus and TV box expected in 2 to 15 days latest email says... typical Aus time slow slow slow... .