Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Trades Question

UK Trades Question

Old Mar 7th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

MrRivaz has a brilliant futureMrRivaz has a brilliant futureMrRivaz has a brilliant futureMrRivaz has a brilliant futureMrRivaz has a brilliant futureMrRivaz has a brilliant future
Default UK Trades Question

Im currentky sekf employed In the Uk as Gas Installer / Plumber. Looking to be out there next March.

My question is, if i put a very small amount of money through my books, and take a load of cash to Oz, when i open my bank account will they ask for invoices or payslips?

With the £ to $ being so strong, id be aiming for around 15-18k in english to take over.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Darren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really nice
Default Re: UK Trades Question

£ is very weak against the $ at the moment There's a limit you can bring in cash through migration control, think its $10k by memory. You are allowed to bring it, just need to declare it. So, I guess the banks would query it too? Can you put it into a different UK bank, then transfer over using one of the money exchange companies that give you a higher rate? They don't ask questions when its transferred electronically as they know most people save us for migration. Not sure about cash though?!

Karen
Old Mar 7th 2008, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

MrRivaz has a brilliant futureMrRivaz has a brilliant futureMrRivaz has a brilliant futureMrRivaz has a brilliant futureMrRivaz has a brilliant futureMrRivaz has a brilliant future

Yeah i guess i could do that.... my bank manager is really good, so the next time im in there ill have a chat with him about the fees, and how much i can send in one go.

I cud even give the girlfriend a chunk of it if we are both allowed up 2 10k
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:24 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrRivaz
Yeah i guess i could do that.... my bank manager is really good, so the next time im in there ill have a chat with him about the fees, and how much i can send in one go.

I cud even give the girlfriend a chunk of it if we are both allowed up 2 10k
use hifx to transfer the funds ,deposit the cash into an account a week before,pay no tax to the uk government if your comming out in the near future,finance companies can track you down ,but the uk treasury wont bother,thats why so many famous people are "tax exiles"