Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK teacher needing advice!

UK teacher needing advice!

Old Mar 11th 2012, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Nicos7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK teacher needing advice!

I am a secondary school maths teacher with 8 years experience. Hubby and I are looking at Perth/Adelaide, just wondered how other teachers got out there - did you have a job lined up already? Did you do any supply work? Where are good areas/suburbs/schools to live/work?
Cheers in advance!
Old Mar 11th 2012, 1:56 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK teacher needing advice!

Originally Posted by Nicos7
I am a secondary school maths teacher with 8 years experience. Hubby and I are looking at Perth/Adelaide, just wondered how other teachers got out there - did you have a job lined up already? Did you do any supply work? Where are good areas/suburbs/schools to live/work?
Cheers in advance!
Hi there... and welcome.
You are at the start of a long road, good luck!

Try the search at the top of this page, you will find many answers and then you can narrow down your questions and hopefully get some answers.

Good areas, good suburbs all come a price, do your research thoroughly to check out the house prices and rental prices as you might want to rent when you first arrive. www.realestate.com.au This site will help with housing.

Do you want to working the private or public sector, catholic, Anglican.... there are many choices (in Perth) and I'm sure the same for Adelaide. Once you know more about the areas you want to live, you can research school in the area = http://www.myschool.edu.au/

Cheers
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Nicos7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for the links.

We will deffo be renting when we first get out there and are already regulars on realestate.com.au LOL but will check out the other link.

Just starting with getting my skills assessment sorted as I guess that's the first thing to have before even starting to apply for visa.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

LeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really nice

Renting is hard work. We found most of the houses that came up on realestate.com.au are pretty much already gone. Best to visit estate agents and get in with them so they are ringing you with details before they are advertised.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:09 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeeWillo
Renting is hard work. We found most of the houses that came up on realestate.com.au are pretty much already gone. Best to visit estate agents and get in with them so they are ringing you with details before they are advertised.
Agree with this.... we made freinds with local agents, popped int to see them (Always looking presentable/smart) and one day the property manager said, "You might be interested in this property, it's only just become available and isn't on the web site yet"..... Sure enough, we took one look at the property and grabbed it!
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:54 am
Just Joined

drjc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Are you still in Perth?
I am looking for a tutor for the common entrance exam for a UK school?

Jason