UK tax return

Old Jan 11th 2016, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK tax return

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Well, I did submit it online, like I have done for the past 5 years, and got a letter of confirmation from HMRC before Christmas that all is good and the last return I needed to submit was the one I just submitted. So even though they say or encourage you to submit paper based returns, they will still process it.

There is simply no way in this day and age that I will download, print off, fill in with ink and then post off a paper based return just because HMRC website says so.

Oh! and I didn't answer question 8 an SA100 incorrectly.

Hope that helps.
Are you a UK resident for tax purposes?
Old Jan 11th 2016, 6:57 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I did submit it online, like I have done for the past 5 years, and got a letter of confirmation from HMRC before Christmas that all is good and the last return I needed to submit was the one I just submitted. So even though they say or encourage you to submit paper based returns, they will still process it.

There is simply no way in this day and age that I will download, print off, fill in with ink and then post off a paper based return just because HMRC website says so.

Oh! and I didn't answer question 8 an SA100 incorrectly.

Hope that helps.

https://www.gov.uk/tax-uk-income-live-abroad/overview

Scroll down to:

You can’t use HMRC’s online services to tell them about your income if you’re non-resident. Instead, you need to:Fill in the ‘residence’ section (form SA109 if you’re sending it by post) to tell HMRC you’re non-resident. Fill in any sections relating to your type of income.

You are liaising with HMRC from a UK address, perhaps?

Best regards.
Old Jan 11th 2016, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
https://www.gov.uk/tax-uk-income-live-abroad/overview

Scroll down to:

You can’t use HMRC’s online services to tell them about your income if you’re non-resident. Instead, you need to:Fill in the ‘residence’ section (form SA109 if you’re sending it by post) to tell HMRC you’re non-resident. Fill in any sections relating to your type of income.

You are liaising with HMRC from a UK address, perhaps?

Best regards.
Always from Australia. They post to me to my address here. I no longer have a UK address that I can use as of five years ago.
Old Jan 11th 2016, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Always from Australia. They post to me to my address here. I no longer have a UK address that I can use as of five years ago.
So are you a UK resident for tax purposes?