Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:35 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

Brings back memories of when I lived in Perth and every chip we ever had was a deep fried oven chip, cardboard like. Did have some nice grilled snapper though. Also if ever we had a chinese or Thai take away involving chicken it was reconstituted chicken, gross! There used to be a nice Indian near the Innaloo shopping centre where it actually served real meat!! How hard can it be to make a UK style chip?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

annb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant future

right then I will just nip on down to Coles and buy myself a bag of kipflers or White Stars shall I , they have such a good range!!
I take it you dont do the shopping in your house
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:26 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Before we came out I'd read here on BE the tale of you can't find decent fish and chips in Perth.

We've now been here since mid November last year and I'm mystified: have had fish and chips several times from different places and all have been delicious. In fact, one of them, from a place down at Barrack Street Jetty, was the best fish and chips I've ever had.

Gina
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Before we came out I'd read here on BE the tale of you can't find decent fish and chips in Perth.

We've now been here since mid November last year and I'm mystified: have had fish and chips several times from different places and all have been delicious. In fact, one of them, from a place down at Barrack Street Jetty, was the best fish and chips I've ever had.

Gina
I think it's because the chips arn't the ones that are peeled and deep fried. They are frozen chips, mostly oven chips. I agree that some of the fish and chips here are ok, but i only like Haddock and you can't get that here. The other fish here is far too fishy!!!! But if you're a fish lover, then there should be no complaints.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:40 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK

Gina
I think everyone agrees the fish is good, just not the crappy frozen chips.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:32 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Now this is a blast from the past How's it going Steve????
Hey Tracey,

How have you been? Things are great this end, thoroughly enjoying it here and settling to our new house. The kids are still enjoying it as well and life is good.

How about you?

Steve
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:26 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
Hey Tracey,

How have you been? Things are great this end, thoroughly enjoying it here and settling to our new house. The kids are still enjoying it as well and life is good.

How about you?

Steve

We're moving to Devon in October!! Ah well, you win some, you lose some eh?

Glad it's all working out so well for you and yours. Long may it continue