Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:39 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Issie
Grab a bag as you head up to ours ......kill two birds with one stone
Not real chips
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:40 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Northern-Monkey
hmmmmm strange, as the their both pomes, and Indian with Indian chefs AND both from Birmingham. i dont think you can get more real deal than that.
Ahh, Indian, that explains it. Most curry houses in the UK are run by Bangladeshis.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:47 am
Banned

Major Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by renth
Ahh, Indian, that explains it. Most curry houses in the UK are run by Bangladeshis.
and pakistanis
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:48 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
Why does every thread about Perth start of an argument ......FFS the OP was trying to tell us about a chippy he likes and now we are on to footie shirts and pikey pommes....FFS !!!!:curse:
Pert is a dump, FFS one can't even get proper chips here.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:32 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I tried the new place in Kinross tonight. What a disaster. The first problem was finding it as there are no signs and it looked empty from the road. When I walked in I was presented with the menu (only about 10 things and no choice of fish type at all) and was then told they had run out of fish. A fish and chip shop with no fish FFS!

So I ordered nuggets for my daugther and sausage for me. The nuggets were tiny and hardly cooked, the sausage - well lets just say I can't see any bloke eating something that looks like that! Then to cap it all the woman serving put about 10 chips on each that had been sat out for who knows how long. And yes, the chips were the beefsteak type but they were still out of the freezer, half-cooked and soggy. I can't tell you what their fish is like obviously.

I threw them in the bin and went up to chippy on Edinburgh Drive instead.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Sod the fish and chips wheres a decent kabab house!!!
Old Jan 12th 2008, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Northern-Monkey
OK

the chips are defo not stuck together ( just dont put s & v on untill u get home, that prevents that ! )
the chips are more like fat chinky shop chips, as ive had the chat with Indy regarding the chips. He tells me its a nightmare to get the chips like he had in his shop in the uk, and the best he could do is inprove on the frying stiuation.

he fully understands the nightmare of chips, but ive tried his and forget king eddies, and the others as his are great. the oil he fries in in a low fat, low monosaturated oil. BUT JUST GO FOR THE BATTER, ITS JUST LIKE THE UK.

we also laughed at the idea that aussie chippies ask if you want chicken salt on the chips and never have salt and viniger pots on the counter.

Kinross is around 25 mins from cbd ( 15mins if your a P plater ), come off Marmion av, on burns beach, left onto connely drive and you cant miss the Iga.

Tell Indy Chris sent you !!!!!!!!!!!

oh and yes proper curry sauce

AGAIN THIS IS JUST LIKE THE UK, NOTHING RESEMBLES THE CRAP AUSSIE CHIP SHOPS, sorry to shout but u aint listening, just go and try it ffs
Get a look at post 35 mate !!!!! You on commission ???
Old Mar 7th 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

the kangaroo kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

This is my first post , I was checking to see if I had went to the correct chip shop tonight and came across this thread , Once I realised I had , I am afraid I had to have my say. Sorry.

We went to this New Brit chippy tonight , and I would have to say it is the worst fish and chips we have had since coming to Australia.
We bought Two kids fish and chips and Two Adults . Cost nearly $32

The chips looked like soggy re-heats and tasted like it too, and I am pretty sure the fish was from last night too , as the batter was dry and was a dark brown colour, the fish tasted ok though, nothing great, but edible...but not one of us would eat the chips , they were rank rotten....We were so dissappointed, as we had heard about this shop opening soon some months ago and were keen to try it, so when we passed by tonight and it was open we were in there like a tramp with a free dinner ticket.

Anyway if he wants to stay open for long he will have to lift his game a bit , cos I for one will not be going back in a hurry
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:09 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

God it must be exciting living in Perth........................mm
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Where do they get the cod from?

We have a lovely chippy here in Australind now, used to be pants but got took over some time last year and have to say the nicest fish and chips we've had since being here
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:14 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by mr mover
God it must be exciting living in Perth........................mm
it's great!!!!

The Kinross fish and chips is absolute garbage. Wouldn't feed the fish n chips to pigs

I have given up looking for decent food here.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:28 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, this thread delivers on so many levels.

Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I avoid Fish and Chip shops now as I can't work out whether I need to ask for grilled, fried (and there's another option too - crumbed?) to get my freshly cooked shark covered with a slather of batter and I don't want the owners to think I am a stupid Pom.

I have to wait until I am with mates then just have what they're having which is often something like Blue Grenadier.

There is a grouse shop down the hill.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:03 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I avoid Fish and Chip shops now as I can't work out whether I need to ask for grilled, fried (and there's another option too - crumbed?) to get my freshly cooked shark covered with a slather of batter and I don't want the owners to think I am a stupid Pom.

I have to wait until I am with mates then just have what they're having which is often something like Blue Grenadier.

There is a grouse shop down the hill.
Badge I know you're a happy ex-pat and all that, but there's no need to use words like "grouse".
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the kangaroo kid
We went to this New Brit chippy tonight , and I would have to say it is the worst fish and chips we have had since coming to Australia.

The chips looked like soggy re-heats and tasted like it too, and I am pretty sure the fish was from last night too ,
So authentic then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.