Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Northern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to all
Default uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all

we havent posted for a while as we have been really busy, 16months have past and i can honestly say, this was the best decision of our lives.
My wifes dance schools are getting bigger and all the kids are returning each term, which is great news.

myself i have sold my Landscaping & Reticulaion business, as ive got a job as a diamond driller/ offsider in the mines. 1 week on 1 week off aint so bad ?

But hey the reason for the post is, there only has ever been a couple of things that we have said we have missed from yorkshire, and belive me we dont miss anything at all. but apart from a decent curry (Indian ) which we found on this site due to another Perth post, (the five rivers, woodvale ).

We talked about how much we missed FISH AND CHIPS, and yes before people shout there is loads of chippies here (perth), But they just dont cut the mustard, they have the stupid idea of 33 different size baskets for 33 different portion sizes of chips, makes no sense to me at all. And the batter, most shops cant make and fry the fish in batter, the correct way.

WELL LOOK NO FURTHER !!!!!!!

In kinross, perth at the new IGA shopping centre, there no is a great guy called Indy, hes from Yorkshire and he gave us a taster yesterday, in fact we were his first customers. His shop looks the part, take out and sit in. and let me tell you the fish and chips had my mouth watering. He brought the memories of fish and chips on a afternoon flooding back, proper curry sauce, and the chips we not from a big cheapo bag from a wholesalers.

give it a go, as my whole weekly diet shall now become, fish and chips,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not really.

great shop

Kinross shopping centre
Kinross, Perth

ta Mr & Mrs Northern monkey
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Northern-Monkey
Hi all

we havent posted for a while as we have been really busy, 16months have past and i can honestly say, this was the best decision of our lives.
My wifes dance schools are getting bigger and all the kids are returning each term, which is great news.

myself i have sold my Landscaping & Reticulaion business, as ive got a job as a diamond driller/ offsider in the mines. 1 week on 1 week off aint so bad ?

But hey the reason for the post is, there only has ever been a couple of things that we have said we have missed from yorkshire, and belive me we dont miss anything at all. but apart from a decent curry (Indian ) which we found on this site due to another Perth post, (the five rivers, woodvale ).

We talked about how much we missed FISH AND CHIPS, and yes before people shout there is loads of chippies here (perth), But they just dont cut the mustard, they have the stupid idea of 33 different size baskets for 33 different portion sizes of chips, makes no sense to me at all. And the batter, most shops cant make and fry the fish in batter, the correct way.

In kinross, perth at the new IGA shopping centre, there no is a great guy called Indy, hes from Yorkshire and he gave us a taster yesterday, in fact we were his first customers. His shop looks the part, take out and sit in. and let me tell you the fish and chips had my mouth watering. He brought the memories of fish and chips on a afternoon flooding back, proper curry sauce, and the chips we not from a big cheapo bag from a wholesalers.

give it a go, as my whole weekly diet shall now become, fish and chips,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not really.

great shop

Kinross shopping centre
Kinross, Perth

Does he deliver over here ? One thing i do so miss is a good old fashioned tattie chip ! Mmmm! me taste buds are watering at the thoughts !!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:28 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

You have a choice Bobby,a win for your miserable team OR the best fish n chips on the planet
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

annb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant future

are the chips all soggy and stick together and stick to the paper?
aussie chips are rubbish, they are from a big bag of frozen chips cooked to order,dont sit in the warmer like the uk ones!! do they sell uk chip shops tyle curry sauce? id make the trip from como if i thought the chips would be like home!!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:35 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

great shop

Kinross shopping centre
Kinross, Perth

proper potato chips, as in a spud peeled and cut up into chips and fried.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:37 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annb
are the chips all soggy and stick together and stick to the paper?
aussie chips are rubbish, they are from a big bag of frozen chips cooked to order,dont sit in the warmer like the uk ones!! do they sell uk chip shops tyle curry sauce? id make the trip from como if i thought the chips would be like home!!
There are loads of chippies over here claiming to be British Fish and Chip shops, mainly because they fry black pudding

All sell the same frozen shitty chips. If he tells me the chips are fresh cut then fried, I'll travel from further south than you to Kinross tonight.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:37 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
proper potato chips, as in a spud peeled and cut up into chips and fried.
I'm on me way...

How far is Kinross from the city?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:38 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
I'm on me way...

How far is Kinross from the city?
Don't get excited mate, was asking the question not confirming. I hope so too cos its only 5 mins from me
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:42 am
Keeping it fairly real

Don't get excited mate, was asking the question not confirming. I hope so too cos its only 5 mins from me
How far then; from the city that is?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:44 am
Keeping it fairly real

Well, that's why I got excited because you didn't put a question mark in, I thought you made a statement of confirmation
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:46 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by walla
Well, that's why I got excited because you didn't put a question mark in, I thought you made a statement of confirmation
sorry sweetie. about 30 ish mins from CBD.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

annb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant future

the only thing is (pending confirmation the potato status) that they would be those rubbishy Desiree watery flavourless potatoes not good old King Edwards - still beggars cant be choosers!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:51 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by annb
the only thing is (pending confirmation the potato status) that they would be those rubbishy Desiree watery flavourless potatoes not good old King Edwards - still beggars cant be choosers!
maris piper is the king potato when it comes to chips. king edwards make good mash.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:55 am
Keeping it fairly real

sorry sweetie. about 30 ish mins from CBD.
No worries, a 40 minute trip out to the chippy seems reasonable enough. I'll wait with bated breath the confirmation of the stuck together chips mystery.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:06 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

great shop

Kinross shopping centre
Kinross, Perth

That isn't too far from us so will give it a go next time. Our nearest (Candlewood) has shut for a month over Xmas anyway.

I hope they are better than 5 Rivers was for a curry. It got a great write up on here but we were sorely disappointed. Karbalason in Joondalup is the best we have found by a long way. Masala at Clarkson is average for food but the best environment and good value on their buffet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.