Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap car parking near southern cross station

Cheap car parking near southern cross station

Old Aug 28th 2017, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice
Default Cheap car parking near southern cross station

Hi

I have an appointment around 9 am tomorrow near the southern cross station.
does anyone know a cheap car parking for couple of hours in that area?

thanks
Old Aug 29th 2017, 4:14 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap car parking near southern cross station

You could park for 3 hours at DFO South Wharf for $15 IF you get a a DFO validation ticket (otherwise it's $30). I was in a coffee shop there today and they just had a bowl of the validation tickets on the counter.

Your problem of course is you are not eligible for any early bird offers due to leaving too early.

You could also have a click around here (but a lot of the indicated prices don't seem to match the actual conditions of the car parks!).

https://www.parkopedia.com.au/parkin...g=201708301130
Old Aug 29th 2017, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

Originally Posted by bcworld
You could park for 3 hours at DFO South Wharf for $15 IF you get a a DFO validation ticket (otherwise it's $30). I was in a coffee shop there today and they just had a bowl of the validation tickets on the counter.

Your problem of course is you are not eligible for any early bird offers due to leaving too early.

You could also have a click around here (but a lot of the indicated prices don't seem to match the actual conditions of the car parks!).

https://www.parkopedia.com.au/parkin...g=201708301130
thanks
Old Aug 29th 2017, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW, I went past it in a tram today. For an out of towner, I found the trams to be quite efficient from the other side of town.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
FWIW, I went past it in a tram today. For an out of towner, I found the trams to be quite efficient from the other side of town.
If I were travelling on my own, I would never ever park near Southern Cross station or anywhere else in the City at 9 AM in the week. Different story if you've got people on board, then you pay the exorbitant parking fees at the closest spot you can get into. Much better to find a spot in a side street somewhere about 4Ks out (Zone 1) and Tram or Train it in..... Then there's bloody Myki, which makes this a bit of an effort for someone that is not used to Melbourne. Actually Uber in and Train or Tram it back to that 4K's or less out zone, as Myki at Southern Cross is pretty easy and quick. Uber both ways to your parking spot could actually be cheaper than paying for parking in the city. Far less stressful, you'll get an uber in less than 3 mins as well, 95 pct of the time that is.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 1st 2017 at 6:45 am.
Old Sep 8th 2017, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I always park at Harbourtown (near Costco) then take the free tram to Spencer St. Trams from Docklands and within the CBD are free.

There again I would not opt to drive into the city during rush hour