Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK speed camera register !!!!

UK speed camera register !!!!

Old Nov 7th 2005, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all
Exclamation UK speed camera register !!!!

Thought you might be interested in a site I've just come across.
Apparently following the government's Freedom of Information Act you can now get access to speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months. Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera even 1 mph over the set limit it is registered and entered on a database?? Neither did I.
You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or (and this is the bit I didn't know) if you register over 20 near misses you will be classified as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit. This is why you hear of people being done for 34 mph in a 30 limit.

You can check what has already been registered against your vehicle (if any) by going to

http://www.e-database.co.uk

You are asked for a password but you just click on the "need a password" link and you will be given one that you can use any time in the future. If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph, and this comes in handy if you want to challenge any of the charges.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK speed camera register !!!!

Jeez - it's scary the amount of information available on you. :scared:
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: UK speed camera register !!!!

Originally Posted by jonjon
Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera even 1 mph over the set limit it is registered and entered on a database??
Err.. how does this work?

GATSO cameras use film to take photos when you speed past it so a fine can be issued, and it will only take a photo if you exceed the allowable speed (which is usually the speed limit +10% + 2mph (so for a 30mph speed limit they would allow up to 35mph) how does it record all those people doing 31mph+ ?

It doesn't have an uplink to some all knowing database... treat this website with caution cos it can't be true!

Phil
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

very funny

Was just starting to panic! Even went out to double check my reg!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by woogle
very funny

Was just starting to panic! Even went out to double check my reg!
got me too
Old Nov 7th 2005, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

got me too

And me, nice one.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Leeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enoughLeeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mickagnew
And me, nice one.
Likewise...especially as I knew I hadn't been anywhere near where they said I was 'caught'. :P
Old Nov 7th 2005, 4:46 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Hook, line & sinker

The fact is I got rid of my car few weeks back and thought the dealer had been naughty ! LOL
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:33 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently following the government's Freedom of Information Act you can now get access to speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months. Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera even 1 mph over the set limit it is registered and entered on a database?? Neither did I.
You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or (and this is the bit I didn't know) if you register over 20 near misses you will be classified as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit. This is why you hear of people being done for 34 mph in a 30 limit.

You can check what has already been registered against your vehicle (if any) by going to

You are asked for a password but you just click on the "need a password" link and you will be given one that you can use any time in the future. If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph, and this comes in handy if you want to challenge any of the charges.
Should have flipping known it was a windup JonJon coming from you.... yer bugger!
very flipping funny! I am sat here thinking I haven't been in Cambridge!!!!!!
AARRGGHH!!!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:36 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Just shouted to the hubby 'what the **** was my car doing in Cambridgeshire last Thursday'!! I even thought i'd have photographic evidence of a sordid affair!!

nice one....
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: UK speed camera register !!!!

Originally Posted by sel
Hook, line & sinker

The fact is I got rid of my car few weeks back and thought the dealer had been naughty ! LOL
Hubby wanted to know what my car was doing in another town when i should of been at work Janet
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Got me
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

That is shit hot!!!!
fantastic love it, have it!!!
thanks Lace xxxxx
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:55 pm
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light

Amazing the picture was a spitting image of me
Old Nov 8th 2005, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody brilliant
K sent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.