Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Sky TV in Australia?

UK Sky TV in Australia?

Old Jul 7th 2006, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

big_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud of
Default UK Sky TV in Australia?

Hi everyone,

Have been living in Melbourne for a year but during a recent holiday back to the UK I realised that I cant live without Sky Sports! Is there any way of getting UK sky over here?

I know guys that get it in Europe ie Italy where they subscribe in the UK and pay the monthly fee but have the box in the country they live in.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 12:24 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Sky TV in Australia?

Originally Posted by big_matt
Hi everyone,

Have been living in Melbourne for a year but during a recent holiday back to the UK I realised that I cant live without Sky Sports! Is there any way of getting UK sky over here?

I know guys that get it in Europe ie Italy where they subscribe in the UK and pay the monthly fee but have the box in the country they live in.
Well. No. You're pretty much stuffed.

There is one incredibly contrived way of getting it, but it requires a PC, a broadband connection, a sky subscription in the UK and a Slingbox, but I think you'd have to be seriously missing it to even contemplate it - not to mention bloody wealthy.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Aussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really nice

Originally Posted by big_matt
Hi everyone,

Why dont you just get Foxtel?
They have Sky news live from Uk
All Sky soccer matches live.
Darts and other sports shows from Uk.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aussiepeter
Why dont you just get Foxtel?
They have Sky news live from Uk
All Sky soccer matches live.
Darts and other sports shows from Uk.
bah Foxtel sucks, you would have to really love your TV to get Foxtel We haven't turned our TV on in about 3 months except to play on the Xbox 360
Old Jul 7th 2006, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

big_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Teliko21
bah Foxtel sucks, you would have to really love your TV to get Foxtel We haven't turned our TV on in about 3 months except to play on the Xbox 360
Yea Foxtel is awful. Not in the same league as Sky back home. In fact at the moment all I see on Foxtel sports is re-runs of Wimbledon and rugby league shows.