Reload this Page >

UK Shaver Socket Adapter - Perth

UK Shaver Socket Adapter - Perth

Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:29 am
Just Joined

grapii is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Shaver Socket Adapter - Perth

Hi All,

I've just landed here in OZ, and just realised that the bathrooms in OZ seem to have the normal power outlet found in the rest of the house, unlike UK which have the two pin shaver socket.

So I have devices such as power toothbrush, beard trimmer etc, which all have the two pin connection.

I've been to several electrical shops but they all seem to offer the EU->AUS adapter, but the EU pins are wider and the narrower UK 2-Pin plugs don't fit in.

Any ideas where I can get one of these adapters so it can go from UK 2-Pin -> Aus standard 3 prong??

Either online or anywhere in Perth

Thanks
Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK Shaver Socket Adapter - Perth

I would try Bunnings first.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:53 am
Just Joined

grapii is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by discobay
I would try Bunnings first.
Been there, aswell as the black and yellow shop (forgot the name)
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We used the multi country holiday ones for about 4 years However we brought them over with us. I can't imagine you can get an Aussie one with adaptors behind for the British bit. May be easier to get a rellie to send some over. Just remember, the husband's electric shaver is still the UK one so we still use the adaptor. I keep hoping it will die so he will buy a new one and we can do away with the adaptor after six years.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Red Dot stores have them - down the back with electrical .

http://reddot.com.au/contact/store-locator/

Thursday is late nite shopping -should find a store open.

Last edited by mulben; Nov 10th 2011 at 8:52 am.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:18 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grapii
Hi All,

I've just landed here in OZ, and just realised that the bathrooms in OZ seem to have the normal power outlet found in the rest of the house, unlike UK which have the two pin shaver socket.

So I have devices such as power toothbrush, beard trimmer etc, which all have the two pin connection.

I've been to several electrical shops but they all seem to offer the EU->AUS adapter, but the EU pins are wider and the narrower UK 2-Pin plugs don't fit in.

Any ideas where I can get one of these adapters so it can go from UK 2-Pin -> Aus standard 3 prong??

Either online or anywhere in Perth

Thanks
Try luggage shops or BigW / K-Mart.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 10:54 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Or fit an Australian plug?
Old Nov 10th 2011, 11:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered new hair straighteners from a UK site the other week. Was very impressed to see that they were fitted with the UK shaver plug which was fixed inside a normal UK plug. That's clever.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 4:49 am
New To Perth!

ScotsSal is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an electric toothbrush with a UK two-pin shaver plug. In Piccadilly Arcade between Hay Street Mall and Murray Street Mall I found a place called Mr Shaver (I think) and went in there and bought an adapter. The woman in the shop warned me that it would be difficult to plug in at first and it takes some effort - she was right - but guaranteed me I was buying the correct adapter. It works fine.

But, in reality, I think it was basically an international plug > Australian plug adapter that you can get in most hardware stores like Bunnings or in Big W, probably for less. I just didn't want to shop around and end up buying the wrong adaptor plug so just went straight to an electric shaver expert shop (they even had a massive electric toothbrush model in the window which confirmed I had picked a suitable shop!).
Old Nov 11th 2011, 9:32 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScotsSal
I have an electric toothbrush with a UK two-pin shaver plug.
It's a ****** hard grind shaving with a toothbrush though aint it Sal?
Old Nov 11th 2011, 10:12 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
It's a ****** hard grind shaving with a toothbrush though aint it Sal?
especially if it's not your face you're shavin
Old Nov 11th 2011, 10:19 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

you could just improvise
Attached Thumbnails UK Shaver Socket Adapter - Perth-imagescavh8ibu.jpg