uk radio

Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

chris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to all
Default uk radio

Hi does uk radios work in oz not sure if the frequency is the same...thanks chris
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:20 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk radio

Originally Posted by chris34uk
Hi does uk radios work in oz not sure if the frequency is the same...thanks chris
Online it does

www.getfqd.com
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

chris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to all

so the 1 on my hifi wont
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

warponydestroyer will become famous soon enoughwarponydestroyer will become famous soon enough

Do you mean AM FM or DAB

I am sure AM/FM will be fine - dont know about DAB though.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

just am/fm
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Dazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud of

I'm a bit confused - are you asking if am/fm radio works in Oz? Radio works the same everywhere; UK, Oz, the Moon, outer space, etc...

I can say you definitely won't be able to listen to Chris Moyles over conventional fm though - but are you that bothered?!

You will be able to get most UK stations via web radio though - including Chris Moyles. But then, aren't you going to Oz to get away from the likes of him?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dazster
I'm a bit confused - are you asking if am/fm radio works in Oz? Radio works the same everywhere; UK, Oz, the Moon, outer space, etc...

Not if it were to be broadcast on a different frequency band outside the tuning range of UK radios..it wouldn't.

Anyway, yes AM & FM bands are the same so your radio will work.

I'm not sure about DAB radio..even if its actually available yet. What we did find was that DVB TV (i.e. terrestrial digital through a normal TV aerial) in Sydney is transmitted on VHF...whereas UK set-top boxes are generally all UHF. So UK set-top boxes for digital TV generally won't work in Sydney or anywhere where the transmition is in VHF.

On the subject of online radio - BBC stations are OK, but many UK commercial stations now block overseas access because of copyright and the money they have to pay for broadcasting. There are ways around it, but its not that easy to listen to some UK commercial stations online.