Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK R85 tax return help

UK R85 tax return help

Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold
Default UK R85 tax return help

Hi can anyone help. Totally stupid question really. We arrived in Aus in December and lodged a R85 tax return form along with part of p45 for hubbies tax rebate for 2006-2007. I sent it away from aus at end of jan to uk. They have not acknowledged it or sent anything back. Do they wait until end of march until just before financial year to get in touch or do they do it right away? as iam getting fractious now.

many thanks

sj
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

sg1964 has a spectacular aura aboutsg1964 has a spectacular aura aboutsg1964 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: UK R85 tax return help

got mine back within 3 weeks of applying, got cheque sent to my mothers address in the uk, she paid into my uk bank for me

simon
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne View Post
Hi can anyone help. Totally stupid question really. We arrived in Aus in December and lodged a R85 tax return form along with part of p45 for hubbies tax rebate for 2006-2007. I sent it away from aus at end of jan to uk. They have not acknowledged it or sent anything back. Do they wait until end of march until just before financial year to get in touch or do they do it right away? as iam getting fractious now.

many thanks

sj

Ring them, you should have it by now. You will be able to find the Internation number from the following link http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/local/individ...al-numbers.htm

We had to ring them to get ours, it took them 4 months!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

many thanks

sj

We took my husbands p85 form into our local tax office with his p45 on the 5th Jan day before we left the UK. About a month later they sent his p45 back stamped and nothing else. Husband phoned them last night to see what was going on, they told him there was a back log of about 15 weeks, but she would try and hurry it up for us.

Stacey
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

thanks for replys, i will chase it up, i did not think its was normal to be waiting this long

cheers

sj
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan View Post
We took my husbands p85 form into our local tax office with his p45 on the 5th Jan day before we left the UK. About a month later they sent his p45 back stamped and nothing else. Husband phoned them last night to see what was going on, they told him there was a back log of about 15 weeks, but she would try and hurry it up for us.

Stacey
Sent my P45 off in Nov 2005 and P85 Jan 2006 and still waiting for rebate. They have just informed me i now have to pay £100 fine for late return of Self Assessment Tax Return, If they had of sent it to me in the first place it may have helped. Only been here 11mths now and still waiting. Think mine must have been caught in a 16 MONTH BACK LOG .
Good luck with yours

John
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

thanks for replys, i will chase it up, i did not think its was normal to be waiting this long

cheers

sj

Yeah chase it up. When I rang after 4 months to see where ours was, I had it within 10 days!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

did they forward it onto aus or to the uk?. I'll call them that link was really useful
thanks wendy

sj x
Old Mar 14th 2007, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

did they forward it onto aus or to the uk?. I'll call them that link was really useful
thanks wendy

sj x

I nominated for them to put it in my son's bank account as we thought he could use it to pay for a flight out here.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

good idea, i was thinking about getting to my mum as she would never book the flight on her own accord and it would help a little

sj x
Old Mar 14th 2007, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

good idea, i was thinking about getting to my mum as she would never book the flight on her own accord and it would help a little

sj x

Aw, that's a nice idea.

Only 14 weeks before my lad comes out now, I can't wait
Old Mar 14th 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've just our inland revenue office and they said that there was a 15 week back log, but have posted the cheque to Aus address which is fine, but not for as much as we anticipated but then again suppose its still something

sj x