Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK to Queensland driving license

UK to Queensland driving license

Old Nov 27th 2013, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light
Default UK to Queensland driving license

Hi,
Think this may be my first post since arriving in Australial
Anyways can anybody tell me how to convert my license. Been here 2 months and forgot all about it!! Been mega busy with everything else!
Old Nov 27th 2013, 7:29 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to Queensland driving license

Originally Posted by NELBHOY View Post
Hi,
Think this may be my first post since arriving in Australial
Anyways can anybody tell me how to convert my license. Been here 2 months and forgot all about it!! Been mega busy with everything else!
Found this with google - http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/...e-holders.aspx

In SA it was just take UK license, proof of address and passport to the licensing office, pay the fees, have photo taken and wait for it to turn up in the post - hope it's that simple in QLD
Old Nov 27th 2013, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Walk into your local http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/about-us/c...e-centres.aspx with your UK license and ID (probably 100 points) and visa and probably proof of address and some money.

Do you hair nicely for the photo.

...and Welcome to Australia NB.
Old Nov 29th 2013, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

pome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of light

there's nearly a qld transport office in most suburbs, and like the other folks said just walk in. if you have truck, boat or jet ski licenses to get ..... get them first then you can put the all on the one car license..... ez. welcome to australia buddy hope all those dreams come true ... good luck. where did you park the family?
Old Nov 29th 2013, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pome bstrd View Post
there's nearly a qld transport office in most suburbs, and like the other folks said just walk in. if you have truck, boat or jet ski licenses to get ..... get them first then you can put the all on the one car license..... ez. welcome to australia buddy hope all those dreams come true ... good luck. where did you park the family?
Thanks for the replies. Ended up in North Lakes so think the closest office to us is in Redcliffe.
Old Nov 29th 2013, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

pome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of light

so are we.... there's a beer in the fridge if you wanna catch up... doors open kettles on.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Just a quick question that I might have missed the answer to above - how long is your UK license valid in Aus until you have to gain an Australian version?
Old Dec 1st 2013, 6:57 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bezzanbob View Post
Just a quick question that I might have missed the answer to above - how long is your UK license valid in Aus until you have to gain an Australian version?
No such thing as an "Australian" version. Everything depends on the state. And your immigration status.
And the expiry date of your overseas licence (there's no such thing as a "U.K." licence either, as there are different licences in Northern Ireland).
Old Dec 1st 2013, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks JAJ,

So as a PR in Qld with a British licence until 2036 I would need to .......

Bezza
Old Dec 1st 2013, 7:36 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bezzanbob View Post
So as a PR in Qld with a British licence until 2036 I would need to .......
You need a QLD drivers licence within 3 months of taking up residence within the state:
http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/...l-drivers.aspx

But really ... is this something you weren't able to look up for yourself?

And if you have a photocard GB or NI licence (most people do, these days) you will find it expires much sooner than 2036.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

JAJ,

Apologies for the irritation.

The last time I lived in Australia I had an international licence (from the AA) in addition to my GB version. For some reason I assumed it (the licence) would need to be changed instantly for a PR but had not thought to research.

Thank you for the clarification.

Bezza.