UK PS2 in Oz

Old Jul 29th 2003, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road
Default UK PS2 in Oz

Hi guys,

Well, I resigned last Friday, had shipping quotes the week before (Dorree Bonner won with John Mason and Excess close seconds and nothing in it in price : £3200 approx) and am waiting for contract exchange this week.

Apparently her indoors tells me we're moving to Oz, and there was me thinking it was a late spring clean.

Anyway we've just found our Nectar points could buy us a PS2 for the short person I've seen running around the house for the last 5 years.

Question is any differences in spec which would make it a buy idea. For example, are the games playable regardless of country of origin.

Sorry, not really up on these things so I could use some help.

Just as an addition, I presume that all immigrants get free houses and we're met by hoards of job offers and we only work three days a week spending the rest of the time at the beach. That's all true isn't it?

Cheers

Nick, Heather and Jack
Perth Sep 03
Old Jul 29th 2003, 11:37 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK PS2 in Oz

Hi Nick

I posted a simillar thread myself a few weeks back. I ended up emailing sony direct. Heres the lowdown.

1) The PS2 games will work fine as they are in the PAL format. There should not be any problem with games bought in the UK or Oz.
2) It will not play Oz dvds as they are region 4.

Heres the thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=PS2

Hope it helps

Matt

Last edited by hevs; Jul 29th 2003 at 11:40 am.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Nice one Matt,

Heads so far up my own backside at the moment (trying to perfect my impression of PB) I totally forgot to do a search.

Cheers

Nick
Old Jul 29th 2003, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Nibbs

Just as an addition, I presume that all immigrants get free houses and we're met by hoards of job offers and we only work three days a week spending the rest of the time at the beach. That's all true isn't it?

Cheers

Nick, Heather and Jack
Perth Sep 03
Of course it is true, that's why we are all going isn't it!!!
Don't know about the working bit, weren't you planning on bludging off of the state for a while?!

My son is taking his 'collection' of PS2, Nintendos etc and he assures me they all work out there. Make sure you take a portable tv for him to play them on. It might not work to watch TV on, but will be fine for playing games.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point

If your nectar points stretch to an Xbox....get one of those. They are far better.

good luck

mich
Old Jul 29th 2003, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

I agree Mich the xbox is much better but not too many games for 5 year olds, not everyone likes their 5 year olds blowing peoples heads off in Halo, my Dominic loves it. As far as games for younger kids go we found the gamecube to be the best. Just my personal opinion, personally i find you can have just as much fun seeing ehat PBs moan of the day is on here!!

Lynn
Old Jul 29th 2003, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice folks.

Frankly I thought he's a bit young to be getting a couple of hundred quids worth of kit buy maybe I'm just old (and tight!).

Lynnj, good thought about PB post. I showed 'em to Jack but he said and I quote "sounds like a bit of a baby to me". Nearly spat me horlicks out.

Sorry PB, we love you really.

Cheers
Old Jul 29th 2003, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Just a thought why don't you spend the points on a good digital camera instead, that way you can use it to send piccies home to yours rellies when you have gone?

We saved up lots of points and bought a brilliant Fuji camera which does video clips as well. It has been great so far.

Spend some money on yourselves for a change, kids get far too much!
Old Jul 29th 2003, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi tinaj

Good thought that. I've got a digi but it's only a crappy Kodak I got with my last laptop.

How good are the video clips?

Know what you mean about kids, he got a gameboy when he was just over 4. Nopt me you understand but the better half.

Still, got to admit, he's my only one and I'm a bit of a soft touch.

Cheers