Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Uk Police Officers to Oz

Uk Police Officers to Oz

Old Dec 28th 2004, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

dcooke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk Police Officers to Oz

Have read about the SA Police recruiting from the UK, which is all well and good, well would have been if i had found out earlier!!!

Myself and the missus are both UK Police officers and wish to move to OZ however the skilled worker scheme doesn't seem to recognise Police on its list of applicable occupations.

I find this a little hard to belive as in the past as with the current recruitment campaign by the SA Police, no or little help is given with immigration.

Am I going barmy and have just not seen Police or something similar!

Any help is much appreciated
Old Dec 28th 2004, 5:53 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Uk Police Officers to Oz

Originally Posted by dcooke
Have read about the SA Police recruiting from the UK, which is all well and good, well would have been if i had found out earlier!!!

Myself and the missus are both UK Police officers and wish to move to OZ however the skilled worker scheme doesn't seem to recognise Police on its list of applicable occupations.

I find this a little hard to belive as in the past as with the current recruitment campaign by the SA Police, no or little help is given with immigration.

Hiya,
do a search on the forum.
There was a chap earier, @2 weeks ago who was going from the Uk Police to Oz Police.

It's not on the list but they have some way around it.

Bye
Mark
Old Dec 28th 2004, 6:06 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Try here

Jaj's comments may help explain
Old Dec 28th 2004, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

sman has a spectacular aura aboutsman has a spectacular aura aboutsman has a spectacular aura about

TRY THIS LINK
http://WWW.sapolice.sa.gov.au/human_...tionPackUK.htm
Old Dec 28th 2004, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

The Hastie Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, my husband is a police officer and myself a nurse. Our Agent told us that there was no way we could get a visa through him (which meant me going back to work to get the visa in my name!!). The only way is via Skilled Regional Sponsorship such as what SA are doing at the present. I know the current application entry date has been and gone but they have said that they will have further courses so it is worth keeping an eye on their web site. I have also heard the WA is considering the same thing but don't know how true that is. All I would say is you need to check the web sites frequently. SA Police posted the information on their web site on 2nd december and the closing date was 15th!!
Carolyn